Chapter LXX- Nationals

Your POV

-January 5 (Saturday)-

"Spring Interhigh! Here we come!!!", the boys shouted, well except for Omi, as we were still riding in the bus.

The day we've been waiting for has arrived, and the excitement can no longer be contained. We're now on our way to the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium and last night, Tobio texted that they arrived yesterday.

I can't wait to see them. As well as the other teams.. I wonder how they're doing? We shouldn't let our guard down and never underestimate them.

I looked over at Omi, who was taking a nap and I smiled at him. I bet cameras will focus more on him.. After all, he's one of the top three aces in the country.

Several minutes later, we have arrived at our destination. I woke Omi up from his peaceful slumber as we then got off the bus. There are already a lot of teams here and the opening ceremony is going to start soon.

The coaches and managers will get inside as the players will line up on their way inside the gym. I was still with the team as we entered, and I could feel the stares they're giving us. Well, Itachiyama's always at the top that's why..

"(Y/N)!!!!", a very loud familiar voice called my name as I turned around to see Tsumu, Samu, and Rintarou.

"Sup boys!! Long time no see!!", I said as they nodded their heads.

"Tsumu here can't stop talking about how excited he is to see you... and to beat the other teams, especially you guys.", Samu said as Tsumu gave him a smirk.

"Well, you also said that, Samu. Don't go tellin' her that I'm the only one~", he said as Samu just ignored him.

"(Y/N)!~ Oh how I missed you~", Rintarou said with a playful smirk as he then measured where my height reaches him.

"And you're so short as always~", he said as an irk mark appeared in my forehead.

"Shift topics or I'll bend you till you crack your bones, bendy boy~"

"Oh go on ahead.. Shorty~", he said as he two of us smiled at each other.

"Anyway, we won't go easy on your team, (Y/N). Especially with Omi-kun and this time we'll win!", Tsumu said and I smiled at him.

"Well, best of luck and may the best team wins.", I said as he grinned at me.

"(Y/N)..."

A very familiar voice called my name as I turned around to see Omi, with a very gloomy aura. He had his eyebrows furrowed as he tilted his head down.

"Well well, if it isn't Omi-kun?~", Tsumu said with a smile, or should I say a smirk, as Omi scowled at him.

"Miya...", he muttered as he then looked at Rintarou then Samu, his eyebrows knitted together.

"(Y/N), Shizune-senpai's looking for you. She said that the two of you are should go inside now.", Omi said as I nodded my head and looked at the boys.

"Sorry guys, but I gotta go now! Bye! And good luck with your games!", I said as I then faced Omi and nodded my head as we then walked back to the team.

"...So, when are you planning on telling them?", Omi asked as I stayed silent for a bit then sighed.

"Maybe after the matches would be good... I don't want any of them to get their spirits ruined for the game.", I said as Omi hummed in response.