Chapter III- Hyōgo's Vixen

Sakusa POV

"Everyone!! Gather!!!", Yamada-sensei blew his whistle  I as we gathered. It seems that the transferee is here too. (L/N) was it? What is she doing here?
When all of us have gathered Yamada-sensei cleared his throat.

"Everyone, I would like you to meet our new manager. (L/N)-san, please introduce yourself", he said as (L/N) faced us.

"Good afternoon everyone, I'm (L/N) (Y/N), a second year. Pleased to meet all of you", she said then bowed down as the others were gawking at her, some were flustered. Just why would we need another manager when we still have one?

"Nee Sakusa, isn't she cute?", Komori asked me as I stared at him. Not him too?

"Shut up Komori"

"Geez, how awful. I bet you're going to stay single in your whole life", he pouted as he returned his attention in front. Single? He knows that I could get any girl anytime right? Women just disgusts me. And dating is such a pain.

"Ahem.. Everyone, silence please. She may be new here in Itachiyama but she's very experienced in volleyball. She used to be Inarizaki's manager last year", Yamada-sensei said as the boys stared at her in awe, some were shocked.

'I-I-INARIZAKI??!!??!'

'That strong team in Hyōgo that made it into the best 8 teams in the country?!!?'

'Isn't that the team where those freak twins were playing??!?'

Everyone was filled with questions and amusement. I looked at Komori as he was also shocked then said, "Say what now??", with his jaw dropped to the floor.

I totally forgot that she said that she was Inarizaki's manager last year. Well, too bad for them to have their manager in our side.

After the introduction, we went back to practice. Coach decided that we will play against ourselves in teams. Komori and I were in Team A while all third years in the regular were in Team B. However, just as when the game about to start, Urahara-senpai, the Libero in Team B went to the coach then walked away. Yamada-sensei then called (L/N) and they seemed to talk about something as she then hurried out. Yamada-sensei then stood up.

"Now everyone. Since I excused Urahara for he has to take care of his mother who was in hospital, (L/N) will be playing as the libero", he said while all of us in the court were dumbfounded. Most of them had the jaws dropped.

'EEHHHHHHHHHHH???!!??!!?'

'She knows how to play?'

'How perfect for a manager'

The court was filled with noises but was then silenced when (L/N) came back in her P.E. uniform, her hair tied in a ponytail. Now that I think of it, she seems very very familiar now to me. I'm certain that I have seen her before. Knowing that she's from Hyōgo, I think she's more than Inarizaki's manager. She must be a player before.

She walked to the coach then bowed as she then bowed at us. Most of us were blushing and mouths gaping wide that a fly can fly inside. Ewww.

Now I'm starting to get curious. It's understandable to have her as manager in our team, but why did sensei even allowed her to play against us. Does he know her very well?

"Oh you'll probably wonder why I asked her to play in this match. Well, see it for yourselves. No need to hold back, got it?", Yamada-sensei said in a loud voice so that everyone can hear it clearly.

"Yes sensei!!", all of us replied as the match started. Samatoki is the one serving as he then tossed the ball and did a jump serve. The ball went to the left side of the opposing team as Kujo-senpai received the ball as it went up in the air.

'Chance Ball!!!'

The setter tossed it to the spiker as he then slammed it down, though Komori received it to our setter.

"Sakusa-san!!", he then tossed the ball to me as I spiked it with a spin as it went to (L/N). There's now way she'll be receiving that and I expected her to dodge since it went to her in such speed, but she didn't. Instead, she received it cleanly without much effort to the setter as Kujo-senpai spiked it and they scored a point. Well, they scored since everybody was stunned at what just happened.

'What the-', I thought as I stared at her with narrowed eyes so did the others.

'Whoaa!!'

'Did you see that'

'She's so cool!!'

'How on earth can she receive Sakusa's spike so easily when we can't even receive it except for Komori??'

The court was in awe as she just stood there with a dumbfounded look. "I-Is something something wrong?", she asked as everyone in their side gathered around her.

"Huhh??? What do you mean there's something wrong? You just received the Sakusa Kiyoomi's spike!! That's awesome!!", Kujo-senpai looked at her in disbelief with bright eyes and the others were flooding her with compliments. Well, that is very surprising to all of us, especially me. Did a girl just received my spike??

As she was about to speak, Yamada-sensei's clapping interrupted her. He was chuckling while clapping in amusement. He only does that often since his role was practically a strict coach.

"As expected of Hyōgo's Vixen. Nice job", he said as the court went silent.

'EHHHHHHHHHH??!!??!'

'She's the Vixen??!!??'

'NANIII???!!?'

The court went wild as I was taken aback, especially Komori who was still gaping at her with his mouth open in disbelief. I can see why though. That someone just received my spike and that that someone was a girl. He was so dumbstrucked.

The Vixen of Hyōgo

No wonder she looked familiar. Back then, her hair was short unlike now. Rumours had it that she was last seen playing in the court two years ago, saying that she wasn't allowed to play since she has fractured her right knee. That's probably why she was only a manager last year.

I saw one of her matches years ago. I can say that she is a genius in volleyball. She was a great wing spiker but she can also be a great libero.

She was also featured in some monthly sports magazines years that were issued years ago. Her knee can be healed in a year or two, but why did she applied as manager?

'Hmmm. How interesting', I smirked at the thought that our new manager was actually Hyōgo's Vixen and the ex-manager of Inarizaki. I wonder how those two idiots would react to this.

                          To be continued,

————————————————————————-

(A/N):

'Suppp guys!! How's the story??? I'm sorry if I made Sakusa a little bit out of character, and all I know about Komori was that he's a nice and approachable guy so I really don't have a difficulty in writing him.

Also, I didn't know who are the members of Itachiyama VBC aside from Sakusa and Komori, so I just randomly named his teammates hehehehe. You're probably wondering why cuz why not?? I'm just a hardcore otaku to the max!!

Hope you enjoyed the story~