Chapter LXXIII- End It With A Smile

Your POV

-

-January 7(Monday)-

-

We're now at the quarterfinals and our opponent for this match is Inubushi Higashi. I'm at the bleachers since it's now Shizune-senpai's turn to be in the bench.

The boys are now done with their warm-ups, as well as Omi who already finished his usual wrist exercises. They are assigned at the C Court of the main arena, and a lot of people are going to watch.

Even though I'm not at the bench, the view from up here is alright. The principal let the school band cheer for us, and Sanae-chan was also here. Of course she'll be here to cheer, especially when her boyfriend is playing.

'All right! The match between Inubushi Higashi and Itachiyama Institute is about to begin!', the announcer said as both teams are now lined up.

"Let's play!", both teams yelled as Yamada-sensei called he boys over to gather.

Even though I'm far from them, I could make out that they talked about some things about their plans for the game.

"ITACHIYAMA FIGHT!!!", the boys yelled and the match is now starting.

The one wearing the number 4 jersey from Inubushi is serving, as he did a jump serve but it went to Komori's direction. He received it with ease as he then passed the ball to Iizuna-senpai.

"Sakusa!!", he yelled as Omi jumped for he ball and spiked it through the blockers, earning us the first point.

"Nice kill! Sakusa!!", the band cheered as I smiled to myself.

"They're so cool aren't they, (Y/N)-senpai?", Sanae-chan asked and I gave her a teasing smirk.

"But for you, Komori-kun's the coolest, huh?~ I bet your brother would be devastated to know that you thought of a certain someone cooler than him~", I teased and she blushed and let out a soft chuckle.

"You're right.. And the same thing for you with Sakusa-senpai~", she said and the both of us chuckled.

We watched the match and we're glad that Itachiyama's in the lead. Several points later, the score is now 22-24, with us in the lead and now we're at set point.

"Nice kill! Kujo!"

It is now Kujo-senpai's turn to serve as he performed a jump floater, but Inubushi's libero received it, though their formation is off.

The setter then tossed the ball to their number number 7, but Omi received the ball then passed it to Iizuna-senpai. The boys are now doing a synchronised attack, as the blockers from Inubushi are on their guard.

It's up to Iizuna-senpai whom he'll be tossing to and I know what he'll do next. As the Inubushi blockers are focused on shutting down Omi, Iizuna-senpai did a dump, and Inubushi is too late to receive it. And Itachiyama won the first set.

"They did it senpai! I can't believe that my Tsukasa-nii is so cool in the court!", Sanae-chan said and I nodded my head in agreement and let out a chuckle.

"Well, they've been working hard and their effort is getting paid off.. They'll make it through and win this match.", I said as we then gazed back at the court.

The second set is now starting and Omi's the one serving. He tossed the ball high in the air as he jumped for it then spiked it, and no one from Inubushi received.

'Service Ace for Sakusa!!!', the announcer yelled as the crowds cheered.

Omi then served the ball again, and this time it is received by Inubushi's number 7, but the receive shook. Their setter managed to pass it to their number 4, but it was blocked by Kujo-senpai.