Chapter LXXXVI- Power Couple

Your POV

-

[1 Day Later- Red Rabbits' Training Center]

-

"Okay girls, we have a new member of our team! Some of you might recognize her since she's a well-known volleyball player in her junior high school years, and she goes by the name Hyōgo's Vixen.", the coach, Akisawa Yume, said as she then looked at me with a smile.

"Please introduce yourself, (Y/N)-chan.", she said as I nodded my head and looked at the team.

"Hello everyone! My name's (L/N) (Y/N). And starting from today, I'm going to be Hikari Shinayaku Red Rabbits' no. 8! It's a pleasure to meet all of you!", I said then bowed my head at my new teammates.

Red Rabbits is a team from V-League Women's Division 1, and the best team. The captain is Hirugami Shōko-san, and she's a middle blocker.

Also, my girl best friend back in Hyōgo and my setter, Momoko-chan is in the team. She looked at me with a huge smile on her face and I returned it.

After my introduction, some of the girls crowded me and started asking me questions. One of them is Amanai Kanoka, the rising star of Miyagi.

"I'm so happy to see you again, (L/N)-san! I looked up to you back when you're still Hyōgo's Vixen.", she said and I smiled at her.

"Thank you, Amanai-san. But I don't think I'm still deserve to be called that... I haven't played for years now and I bet I'm getting rusty.", I said with a nervous smile as Shōko-san let out a chuckle.

"We'll see about that, (Y/N)-chan. Momoko-chan, try setting for her.", she told Momoko-chan who happily nodded her head as the both of us then went to the court.

I tossed the ball to Momoko-chan and she tossed it up in the air as I approached it. I then jumped and spiked the ball with an inner cross, making the girls muse.

"Nice kill, (Y/N)-chan! Still as good as ever!", Momoko-chan complimented as I let out a nervous chuckle.

"I want to see your killer serves again, (L/N)-san!", one of my new teammates, Ishikawa, said with glimmering eyes and I nodded my head.

I know how to perform a jump serve and a jump floater serve. In fact, I practiced with Tsumu back then after club hours and sometimes, we would go aiming at the bottles at the other side of the court.

"I will perform a jump serve first.", I said as the girls nodded their heads.

I exhaled deeply as I then tossed the ball high up in the air and jumped. My jump serve is as good as Tsumu's, and the ball landed with a loud noise at the other side of the court. I smiled to myself and I'm glad that I still remember how to do it.

"So cool!", some of the girls said as Coach Akisawa and Shōko-san let out a smirk.

"Now, a jump floater.", I said as the girls looked at me with excitement.

I tossed the ball in the air and performed a jump floater serve. I spoke the ball as it traveled nastily and landed at the other side of the court. The girls clapped their hands as I smiled and rubbed my nape.

"You still have the skills, (Y/N)-chan! As expected of the Vixen! You sure would make a great all-rounder too!", Coach Akisawa said and I smiled at her.

"Thank you coach!", I said then bowed my head.

"How about let's have a short match? Only one set.", Coach Akisawa beamed as the others responded with a yes.

The things that I have showed them, are what my past self learned. Also, I have a trump card and I can't wait to try it out in this practice match!