Chapter LV- Into The Nationals

Your POV

We're now at the awarding ceremony and I'm so proud of them. Most of the teams were crying, well except for us three representatives.

"3rd representative for Tokyo, Nekoma High School.", the announcer said as the people applauded.

"2nd representative, Fukuroudani Academy.", the people cheered but Bokuto's signature call was more louder.

"HEY! HEY!! HEY!!! We're going to the Nationals!!!"

As Bokuto yelled that, he got scolded by their coach for being too loud, perhaps much more louder than the announcer I think. This made all of us chuckle.

"And the first representative for Tokyo... Itachiyama Academy.", the announcer said as the boys went forward to receive their medals and trophy.

"Tokyo Preliminaries MVP Award goes to.... Sakusa Kiyoomi! Congratulations!", Omi went forward and he was given another trophy.

"Congratulations to all the participating teams in the Preliminaries!", the announcer said as claps and cheers echoed inside the gymnasium.

Most of the other teams were crying, since this was the last official game their 3rd years have played. Things like these can happen.

I even remembered the time when we lost our ticket to the nationals in middle school, and the whole team was in tears since most of our senpais aregoing to graduate.

As the number of people grew lesser and lesser inside the gym, we are still waiting for Omi, Komori, and Iizuna-senpai since they were interviewed by some sports journalists. Good thing that the flock of fangirls were shooed away since they're disturbing them.

I'm so proud of them, especially Omi for winning the MVP award. It isn't surprising anymore though since it was always expected to be him.

I was standing with a proud face, waiting for Omi and the others, as a familiar voice called my name.

"Hey! Hey!! Hey!!! (Y/N)-chan!! Congrats for winning first place!", Bokuto said with a huge grin and Akaashi beside him as I smiled at them.

"Thank you, Bokuto-kun, Akaashi-kun... But you should be congratulating the boys though. After all, they're the one who played hard in the game.", I said as Bokuto grinned.

"Already did it!", he said as I heard someone snickering behind me."

"Well well well, congrats to your team, (Y/N)-chan~ We might have placed third but we're going to defeat the both of you in the Nationals.", he said as he then flashed us his Cheshire Cat grin.

"I should say congratulations to you and your team, Kuroo-kun.. And as for the last part, we'll be beating you if ever we'll get to play against each other until the Nationals.", I smirked as the corner of his mouth twitched.

"Oho? We'll see about that~", he said.

"Hey! Don't you two leave me behind from your conversation! And also, we'll be beating all of you guys!", Bokuto said with a determined smile as another voice interrupted us.

"Kuroo-san! Have you seen where Kenma-san went?", I looked around to see it was the half-foreign tall boy.

I think he's Russian by the looks of it. He has silver hair and green eyes with grey brows and lashes. He's even taller than Kuroo even with his rooster head.

"Ahh.. Kenma went to the restroom for a bit." Kuroo answered as the boy then looked at me.

"Oh! Sorry for interrupting your conversation. I believe it's my first time meeting you, Itachiyama's manager-chan.. I'm Haiba Lev! The future ace of Nekoma!", he said with a grin as Kuroo deadpanned at him.