Chapter CIX- Always And Forever

Your POV

-

[Approximately 3 Hours Later- Ariake Arena, Japan]

-

"BAMMM!!!"

"..."

"..."

"J-JAPAN WON! THEY DEFEATED ARGENTINA!", exclaimed the announcer as the arena went silent for a bit before the crowds roared.

"WHOAA!"

"And the last point is scored by none other than the legendary duo from Karasuno High! What a perfect duo!"

As the announcer said that, we stood up from our seats with surprised faces as the crowds erupted in cheers and claps, and the Japan National Team pumped their fists in victory.

Omi then looked over to my direction and we made eye contact. I smiled widely at him as he flashed me a soft smile, and I'm so proud of him. He did well.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Tokyo 2020 Olympics Men's Volleyball Champion, JAPAN! What a wonderful game they showed us tonight! Congratulations!", the announcer said as the crowds continued clapping their hands.

Both teams are called over to line up and shook hands. I then saw Oikawa-kun conversing with Tobio for a bit before he went to Hinata and gave him a manly hug.

I then saw Iwaizumi-kun approaching Oikawa-kun as they looked at each other with grinning faces as they then hugged too. I also saw Kuroo-kun walking towards Hinata as they talked about something.

After the short moment, they then did their cool-downs as some of the spectators already started leaving the fully-packed arena. The mic went on again as the announcers then called the Japan National Team to line and receive their trophy.

A big gold trophy was handed to them. The Japan team had huge smile on their faces, though Omi just smiled a bit, I know that he's really happy that they won the Tokyo Olympics.

"Tokyo 2020 Olympics Men's Volleyball Champion, Japan! Congratulations!"

The main announcer said as the spectators clapped their hands with smiles on their faces, and the Japan team bowed. Coach Hibarida then gave a short speech about their victory against Argentina.

The MVP award goes to Hinata, who showed his best in the championship. He deserves it. He really has grown into a talented and skilled volleyball player.

But for me, Omi has always been the MVP, of volleyball and of my heart. He did his best in this match, and I'm so proud of him.

After the awarding, the press interviewed the Japan team while the spectators started leaving the arena. We remained since we're waiting for Omi and Motoya.

Several minutes later, the arena only has a few people left inside and the interview is finally over. The Japan National Team gathered for a moment for a short meeting as they then shouted in victory.

"Well then, let's go.", Tsukasa-senpai said as we nodded our heads and headed down the court.

As I got there, I saw Omi in sight as I then ran up to him and jumped into his arms. He let it a soft chuckle as he wrapped his arms around me and held me in his embrace.

"We did it, (Y/N).", he said as I looked at him with a big smile.

"I'm so proud of you guys... Especially you, Omi!", I said with a grin as I then gave him a peck in the lips.

I then turned my head to the side to see Sanae-chan and Motoya hugging each other with bright smiles on their faces. I smiled as I then buried my head into Omi's chest.