Chapter XXXV- Ushijima Wakatoshi

Your POV

The three of us walked inside the campus in silence. I noticed that Ushijima occasionally glances at me when I don't look at him. Omi then spoke up as he was walking beside me.

"So how's your father by the way?", he asked.

"Well, he actually collapsed due to stress and ulcer since he's such a workaholic even if my mother told him not to overdo it. But he's alright now.", I said with a smile as he then looked relieved

"That's good.", he said as we followed Ushijima from behind.

But wow! Their school is huge! Well, ours was a bit smaller compared to this. If Omi didn't come and get me in front of the gate, I bet that I'll be wandering around the whole campus till night.

The school was quite peaceful since it's weekend and I noticed that they even have dorms here. Many athletes were also here too.

We continued walking as we then arrived in the empty classroom where the girl managers would be staying in. I grabbed my baggage from Omi then out it inside the classroom. When I got outside, I only saw Ushijima standing there and I see no sign of Omi.

"Uhmm.. Where's Sakusa-kun, Ushijima-kun?", I asked as he stared at me.

"He went to the comfort room for a bit. He'll probably be back by now.", he said as we just waited for Omi there. The silence was quite awkward until Ushijima said something.

"You're (L/N) (Y/N), aren't you?", Ushijima said. Did Omi or the others perhaps told him about me?

"Y-Yes?", I answered, more like a question.

"It's such a shame to lose one of the best players in the girls division of Hyōgo. It's been a while since I saw you closely.", he said which made you look at him in curiosity.

"Do you remember me, (L/N)-san?", he asked which made me confused.

What is he saying? I believe today's the first time I encountered him.

"Ushijima-kun, have we met somewhere before?", I asked with a brow raised at him as he nodded his head.

"Yes. We briefly met in the nationals four years ago.", he said, making me wonder if I really have met him in the past.

"You were stuck with some of the players who were hitting on you, desperately asking for your number and such, so I helped you get out of there.", he said as a memory then popped inside my head.

"Oh yeah! I remember now. I can't believe that boy was you. Thanks for doing that, Ushijima-kun.", I said with a smile as he nod at me.

——————————————————————-

Ushijima POV

My heart tightened when she didn't answer if she remembered me. That moment happened four years ago, when I was in my third year in junior high and it was during the nationals. So I told her what happened that day.

I'm glad that she remembered it now. Although we just met for a short while three years ago. The memories with here were still kept inside my head. After all, it was an unforgettable moment.

———————

[Flashback]

Today is the first day and the opening ceremony of the National Japan Middle-High Sports Tournament. This would be the last national tournament I'll be attending in junior high.

I was on my way to the comfort room when I noticed a group of male athletes gathering in a circle. There was a girl in the middle and the guys kept insisting her, though she was already uncomfortable to begin with. So, I decided to step in and stop them from what they are doing.