Chapter XLIII- The Ships Are Sailing

Your POV

Today is Monday and it's time for school again. Good thing that the mark is starting to fade away. Otherwise, gossips will be spreading around the school.

When I got home yesterday, my parents first asked me how was the training camp. Well, I just told them that normal things just happened and we enjoyed it.

After the talk, I was about to go to my room in a hurry, but then my mother asked me what happened to my neck and why there's a bandaid.

So, I just told them a little lie that I was bitten by an insect and I'm glad that they didn't ask about this bite any further.

Right now, I'm on my way to the train station to meet up with Omi. Great, I am so excited to see him, and maybe do a little teasing.

Yesterday in the bus ride, he was so cute when he's sleep talking, mumbling some incoherent things but the only word I clearly heard was my name. I was blushing all the way back to Tokyo.

Several minutes of walking, I arrived at the train station as I scanned my eyes around the area to look for Omi. As soon as I spotted him, I immediately ran behind him since he's busy with his phone.

"Good morning, Omi.", I said with a cheerful smile as he jolted a bit then turned around and saw that it was just me.

"Oh. Good morning, (Y/N).", he said as I can point out that he's smiling beneath that mask of his as he then took out his phone away.

"Well, I was just about to text you but then you're already here.", he said as I let out a giggle.

"Then the gods must've planned the two of us to be destined for each other.", I said as he stared at me with those loving black orbs then let out a small chuckle.

"Yeah.", he said as the train then arrived at the exact time.

The two of us went inside then sat beside each other. And across us, there sat two boys who probably seemed to be also high schoolers who were looking at me most of the time.

This is  getting me so uncomfortable and Omi noticed it. So, Omi put on his scary death glare as the boys shuddered then averted their eyes to somewhere else. I'm glad Omi's here with me. He's the one making me comfortable all the time during rides.

The train arrived as we then got off, then started walking our way to school. On our way there, we saw Shizune-senpai who was just getting out of her house. She noticed us and waved her hands.

"Good morning, (Y/N)-chan!! Sakusa!", she said as she walked towards us.

"Good morning senpai!", I said as Omi just send her a nod.

"So, how's it going for the two of us?"

"Everything's great. And how about you? Senpai?~", I asked in a teasing tone as pink tints were visible on her cheeks.

"Well, I think there's a progress in fact."

"Oh really? Please do tell."

"Maybe later. I hope I'm not disturbing your lovely peaceful walk to school~", she said as Omi blankly looked at her.

"You just did."

"Okay okay. I'm sorry. We'll talk about it later, (Y/N)-chan.", she said and I nodded my head.

A few minutes later, the three of us arrived at the school. Shizune-senpai already went to her classroom as Omi and I walked to ours. It's still early but many in our class are early birds.

None of our classmates seem to mind that we're going to school at the same time since they already know that we're neighbours. And I'm glad that no rumours and gossips about us are spreading around ever since Aizaki was gone.