Chapter VIII- A Project With Him

Your POV

The whole morning, the tension was quite awkward between me and Sakusa. I felt him staring at me when I'm not looking at him.

Whenever I looked at the corner of my eyes, he would turn his attention away to the outside of the window. This is all my fault.

"Now everyone! I would like you to pair up for this project. You're all pairing up with the one sitting next to you. The presentation will take place I tomorrow", our Science teacher said before walking out as groans and cheers filled the classroom.

Say what now???

I looked to my sides to see that there are only two of us in the last row. Great. Now I have to pair up with him?? He still probably hates me because of that incident last time.

I looked at him then sighed as he stared at me. "Looks like we're partners this time. We both know that we don't have enough time since we will have practice until 6 o'clock, so let's have a sleepover", I said in a defeated tone as he nod his head.

"So whose house are we staying over to make this? Both of my parents are working overnight this time so they're not around until tomorrow.", I said as he looked away to the front, resting his chin in his hand.

"Probably yours since my relatives are staying over for tonight. They might disturb us if we're staying there."

"Well then, it's decided. You may come after you packed your things for tonight", I said.

I was thinking of spraying the whole room with disinfectant to kill the germs since he's a big germaphobe. He'll probably feel safe once he sees my always-neat-and-organized room. I hope he won't try to murder me in my sleep.

After planning, we then went to the gym for practice. Shizune-senpai was absent today and I'm so lonely without my otaku buddy. Things were the same as usual and they were doing great.

——————————————————————-

Timeskip

The practice ended at almost 6 o'clock so we went to the convenience store for a while. Sakusa and I were walking home together, again, in silence. Things were awkward as always until we reached the front of my house.

"Just ring the doorbell once you're here, okay? I'll be waiting inside the house", I said as he hummed before walking away.

I went inside the house then started cooking dinner. I think that he'll eat before going here so I just made myself some onigiris filled with my favorite corned tuna and some spices added.

Then again my thoughts went back to my parents. Nah, they won't mind since he's only here for our project. Besides, they're not here until tomorrow, and they won't find out.

——————————————————————-

Sakusa POV

[Flashback]

This day was actually hard for me.  Ever since that incident, I suddenly have the feeling of being eager to see her. This feeling was new to me and I hate it.

I sometimes found myself staring at her not noticing it and when she was about to look at me, I quickly turned my head away. My face felt warm after that.

'Now everyone! I would like you to pair up for this project. You're all pairing up with the one sitting next to you. The presentation will take place I tomorrow', our Science teacher said before walking out.

Wait. What?

'So that means I'm pairing up with (L/N)?!', I thought as I can hear my heart beating loudly. What the hell is happening to me???!? Ever since that happened I suddenly started feeling weird.

'Looks like we're partners this time. We both know that we don't have enough time since we will have practice until 6 o'clock, so let's have a sleepover', she said as I slowly nodded my head. A sleepover? With her??!

'So whose house are we staying over to make this? Both of my parents are working overnight this time so they're not around until tomorrow', she said as I then remembered that my uncle and his family from Fukui are staying in our house tonight. They're going to start bothering me if we will be staying there.

'Probably yours since my relatives are staying over for tonight. They might disturb us if we're staying there', I said as she nod her head.

'Well then, it's decided. You may come after you packed your things for tonight', she said as she then began packing her things and go to the gym.

Wait...She said that her parents are not there tonight since they'll be working overnight.

'So that means we're going to be alone??!?!', my eyes widened at the thought as my heart started beating faster. Gosh I hate this feeling!

[Flashback End]

————————-

I arrived at my house to see that my family and relatives were having a dinner in the dining room. I quietly walked up to my room to pack my things as my mother stood in the doorway.

"Kiyoomi, you should go downstairs and eat with us."

"Kaa-san, I'm staying in my classmate's house tonight nearby. We have a project to make"

"Is that so? You should eat dinner first before you go"

"Thanks but I'm still full. We ate meat buns earlier"

"Oh I see. Well then, take care okay?", she said as she went back downstairs. I didn't lie that I was still full. In fact, Komori gave me a meat bun since he bought the buy one take one. Even though it was just one, I'm already full with that.

After I finished packing up my things, I stopped at the dining room and informed them that I'll be away. I then walked my way to (L/N)'s house. Good thing they didn't asked me the gender of my classmate otherwise they'll start teasing me.

Later, I arrived at the front of their house and nervously pressed the doorbell. I heard the gate open.

"Oh you're here!", I heard her said then I saw her in her pajamas. They were a bit too large for her small frame. She looked cute in it.

Wait. What am I saying?!

I snapped out of the thought and composed myself. Good thing I had my mask on that she won't notice my flushed face. She then gestured me to come inside and so I followed.

"Please make yourself at home, Sakusa-kun", she said as we left the entrance and went in.

                          To be continued,