Chapter XIX- Secretly Official

Your POV

"I like you"

I stopped in my track then slowly turned to Sakusa. My heart was beating so fast as my eyes met his black orbs. It feels as if we're the only two around in the world.

"W-What?"

I just stared at him, totally confused of what's happening. I really can't believe what I'm hearing right now, and I thought he's never the type to like someone.

"I said 'I like you'. Don't make me repeat myself", he mumbled as he then placed my hand in his left chest.

I can feel his heart pounding so fast and loud. Blood then rushed to my cheeks, still not expecting this from him.

He was looking down with a blush clearly visible in his face as he then focused his eyes on me. I can't even take my eyes off him at this moment.

"I've grown so fond of you ever since the first time we walked home together. I never felt this way before besides you. You're the one who makes me feel like this.", he said softly as his gaze never left mine.

"..Sakusa-kun"

" Ever since that incident happened, where you suddenly clung into me, you're always in my mind and I cannot stop thinking about you. Nor this beating heart of mine", his hand clutched mine tighter but in a gentle way.

My heart was also beating so fast and his words left me speechless. I don't even know what to say and I was frozen right now.

"I don't even mind not using some disinfectants when I'm with you. You're nothing like those crazy dirty girls in school and you make me feel happy all the time when you're with me.", he continued while staring at me with those eyes I've never seen from him before.

"I like you, (L/N) (Y/N). Will you go out with me?", he asked me as he let go of my hand.

His warmth still lingers in mine and I was a blushing mess in front of him. He briefly averted his gaze to somewhere else before looking back at me, waiting for my answer.

Since he wasn't wearing his mask this time, I can see he was pursing his lips into a tight line. I can see that he's afraid of getting rejected. I was still speechless that I don't even know what to say.

Truth be told I honestly also like him. He makes me feel like this for the first time and I don't really want to hurt his feelings. But I have to do this.

"Sakusa-kun", I said in a soft voice as he didn't take his eyes off me. I breathe in and slowly exhaled, finally ready to give him my answer.

"I-I also took a liking in you, and you make me feel something new which I have never experienced before...", I paused for a moment as he looked taken aback then waited for me to finish.

".. But I'm sorry..",

I said in a low voice as he then dropped his head, staring at the ground.

"..W-Why?", his voice was shaky and guilt immediately took over me. I wanted to say yes... but I shouldn't. I don't want to face the consequences.

"I'm sorry.. I like you but I'm still not allowed to go out with anyone until I finish college. My parents are very strict in this kind of thing.", I said as I looked down then back at him.

His face was blank and emotionless but his eyes said it all. He was hurting deep inside because of me. I don't really want to ruin him.

"..That's why... and I'm sorry to have hurt your feelings", I said soft voice. Everything became silent and I can feel the cold wind passing by.