Chapter LXXX- California

Your POV

-

[Several Hours Later]

-

After the long flight from Japan to America, I've now arrived at Irvine's airport. And I could see Tsubaki-sensei waiting for me outside. I walked towards him with a smile on my face.

"It's been a while, Tsubaki-sensei!", I said and he smiled at me.

"Same here, (L/N)-san. Now then, let's get you home!", he said as he offered to carry my luggage, and so I ended up giving it to him since he insisted.

He then lead me to his car and placed my luggage in the trunk. He both of us then went inside as he then started driving.

"So, I'm guessing that you're going to be homesick, aren't you?", he asked with a smirk and I nervously smiled.

"Yes sensei. I'm going to miss my family and friends, and most of all, my boyfriend.", I said as he chuckled

"I bet he's missing you too right now.", he said and I smiled.

"I think so too.", I said as we then talked about the university I'll be attending.

Several minutes later, the car stopped as we then arrived at his house. He then took my luggage from the trunk as he then motioned me to follow him.

He then pressed the doorbell and a few seconds later, the door opened to see his wife, Saya-san. She smiled when she saw the both of us arrived.

"Welcome (Y/N)-chan! And please make yourself at home.", she said and I bowed my head.

"Thank you Saya-san, Tsubaki-sensei. Please take care of me.", I said as we then went inside to their living room.

The house is much different to the typical Japanese houses. But the interior design is great and attractive. I'm guessing Tsubaki-sensei has a high salary here compared in Japan.

They then lead me to the room that I'll be staying in. I placed my things and started organizing, I even brought a picture of Omi and I, and the pictures with the Shizune-senpai and the others.

I've just got here and I already missed them. Right now, its 7:00 P.M. here in California, and its still 3:00 A.M. in Japan. The difference is too big, and I bet Omi's still sleeping right now. I should give him a call sometime.

"You must be hungry after the long flight (Y/N)-chan. Let's eat dinner!", Saya-san said as I nodded my head.

We then went to the kitchen and saw some Japanese foods cooked by Saya-san. Well at least I'm not going to miss eating Japanese foods, but I'm also excited to try the foods here in Irvine.

"So, how's it being a manager in your previous school?", Tsubaki-sensei asked as we ate our dinner.

"Itachiyama?", I asked and he nodded his head.

"The team is very good. I wanted to play volleyball again, but being their manager isn't bad at all.", I said with a smile as I thought of Omi and the others.

"I'm glad that you're doing well after that injury of yours. I bet you're excited to play again after it's fully healed.", he said and I nodded my head with a smile.

"Thank you for giving me this opportunity, Tsubaki-sensei. I've never been to a foreign country before and the tuition in Japan is quite expensive. But good thing that I'm studying here for free and become a wonderful physical therapist like you!", I said with a grin and he smiled at me.

"I'm honored to be someone's role model. Anyway, welcome to Irvine, California!", he said with a smile as we then continued eating our dinner.

——————————————————————-