Chapter LIII- Snakes

Your POV

[Timeskip]

Today is now the third day of the Preliminaries, and we already beat Seidou in our first game. The other night, I texted Kazuya about our victory as he then texted back that they also beat our school. Seems fair enough.

Our match against Seidou was so so, and we won the two sets. In the afternoon, we played against Mizushima High and also won two sets. And I can say that the boys are on fire.

Yesterday, we defeated Kamei High and Inashiro Academy by also winning two sets. And the gaps were quite far. This morning, it's going to be the semi-finals and we're playing against Nohebi Academy, while Fukuroudani against Nekoma.

Great. I watched Nohebi's match yesterday afternoon and the referees didn't even notice their unfair play, but they're actually quite good though. I think we can just pull it off. Besides, the boys are now all warmed-up from the previous matches.

Speaking of the game, Tobio texted me that they won against Aoba Johsai yesterday. And they're having a match against Shiratorizawa right now.

I wonder who's going to win though. Karasuno must have improved a lot to get in the championship. But then, Shiratorizawa is definitely a powerhouse school so it's expected for them to win and represent Miyagi Prefecture in the nationals.

Right now, the game's already starting and the boys are lining up. Fukuroudani and Nekoma are also going to start their game at Court B. And finally, the cheerleading club is now here now that we're in the semi-finals.

"Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!", both teams shouted as they bowed their heads.

Iizuna-senpai and the others are gathered in a circle while Omi reluctantly joined them. Iizuna-senpai discusses some things to them as they yelled.

"Itachiyama, fight!"

And now the game is starting. Their number 5 is now serving as the ball went to Samatoki-senpai's direction. He raises it up as Iizuna-senpai went for it.

"Sakusa!", he shouted as he then tossed he ball to Omi.

Two blockers are in front of him yet his expression remained calm and composed. With that flexible wrist of his, he spikes the ball as Nohebi's libero tried to receive it but it was blown away. Thus, earning the first point.

"Nice kill! Sakusa! Nice kill! Sakusa!", the cheerleading club cheered as I could see the look of Nohebi's faces.

Iizuna-senpai is now the one serving as he then went in for a jump serve. Nohebi's number 2 received the ball but their formation is off. Though their setter managed to toss it to their captain who's wearing the number 1 jersey.

"Suguru!"

Their captain, Suguru, spikes a cross but Komori got it. Iizuna-senpai then tossed the ball to Kujo-senpai as he spiked it which barely went inside the line, earning another point.

"Nice kill! Kujo!"

Iizuna-senpai went for another jump serve as Suguru received it. Their setter then tossed the ball to their number 4 as he then spiked it to Arita, our number 8.

Iizuna-senpai tossed the ball to Samatoki-senpai as he spiked it but it was an out. Nohebi has their first point as their number 4 is serving.

"Numai, nice kill!",

He spiked it as the ball went to Omi as he raised it up to Iizuna-senpai, who then tossed it back to Omi. Omi jumped in the air as Nohebi formed a three-man block, but his spike blew the blocks away with those spin.