Chapter LIV- Championship

Your POV

The match is going to start in 10 minutes as all of us were now on our way to our designated court. Students from our school as well as the band, are here to cheer for us.

"(Y/N)-senpai!", I heard a female voice as I turned around to see it was Sanae-chan.

"Oh hey, Sanae-chan! You're also here to cheer for us.. More like cheer for someone special, I believe?~", I teased as her cheeks reddened as she shyly looked away.

"Uhmm... P-Please give this to K-Komori-senpai.", she mumbled as she then handed me a good luck charm.

And what a perfect timing! Komori's approaching us!

"Hey there, Sanae-chan!", he greeted her with a cheerful smile as Sanae-chan's getting redder.

"K-K-Komori-senpai!", Sanae-chan said as she bowed then extended her hands to hand the good luck charm.

"P-Please accept this!", she said as Komori stared for a while, and his face suddenly turned red.

To be honest, their situation looks like a typical love confession. And I knew from the start that Komori's already falling for her, and look at that flushed face of his.

"T-Thank you, Sanae-chan.", Komori said and accepted the charm as he smiled at her.

When Sanae-chan straightened up and saw his smiling face, she averted her gaze to somewhere. And here I am, acting like a proud Cupid that I could ever be.

"G-Good luck with your game, Komori-senpai!", Sanae-chan said as Komori smiled at her.

"Thank you for being here to cheer us, Sanae-chan!", Komori beamed as he waved his hands then quickly went to the others to the court.

"Nice move you got there, Sanae-chan~", I teased her as her face became red.

"(Y/N)-senpai! Please don't tease me~", she whined as I patted her in the head and gave her a smile.

"Well then, I'll better get going! And you better shout his name out loud so that he can hear you from the bleachers.", I said as she looked at me with a flustered face.

"Senpai!~"

"Okay okay, I'll stop teasing you. Now then, I'm off!", I said as I waved a hand at her before going to the court.

I went to Itachiyama's side and sat beside Shizume-senpai. I apologized to Yamada-sensei for coming late and I'm glad that he was okay with it.

Iizuna-senpai won't be using Omi much in the first set so that he won't get exhausted so quickly. Both teams are lining up as they bowed their heads.

"Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!", both teams shouted as the crowds roared in excitement, while some were getting in my nerves.

"Sakusa-kun!!"

"Sakusa-senpai!"

"Kiyoomi-kun!"

"Komori-kun!"

"Iizuna-kun!!!"

"Tch! They're so loud.. Aren't they irritating, (Y/N)-chan?", Shizune-senpai asked me with an annoyed look as I nodded my head.

"Yeah.. very.", I said with annoyance as they kept calling Omi and the other's name like they were close.. Especially when I heard some girl calling him by his nickname, and I'm seriously annoyed.

The head referee blew the whistle and it's Iizuna-senpai serving the first. He went for a jump serve as the ball went to Fukuroudani's libero and raised the ball up.