3

###

"The enemy is within the gates

"The enemy is within the gates. It is with our own luxury, our own folly, our own criminality that we have to contend."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

###

Laylah moved around her new apartment, her hair in a mess at the nape of her neck; sticking out at every angle. She'd moved in five days after living with Penelope at the Bureau, finally able to set up her things. She pushed opened the long curtains that covered the smaller windows, smiling out the window. It was finally coming together, only one box left sitting on the coffee table behind her. 

It was a unique little apartment, a kitchenette and living area covered the main part of the small apartment, the laundry tucked away beside the kitchen. Above the kitchen was her loft, a quaint little area big enough to be classified as a master bedroom with an ensuite built upon it; hidden away behind a wall. She adored it. 

She turned and opened the final box that needed unpacking, coming face to face with a picture of her with her husband and step daughter; Adam and Imogen Foster. She swallowed at the sight of it, scanning her smiling face. She had been so, so happy. Content with life. She had a child, and they were trying for another during her last year working in the bureau before she left. But, they hardly got a chance. She looked away when her phone buzzed on the couch, stepping around the table to grab it. 

The girl glanced at the text from Penelope, letting her know they had a case. She sighed, glancing at the photo one last time before she headed upstairs to change. She pulled on a pair of bell bottom dress pants with a simple t-shirt and a pair of flats, pulling her hair up into a neat bun on the top of her head. As she headed for the door, she grabbed her go-bag and keys; her phone already in hand. 

Her jeep was waiting in the street, the small amount of dints and scratches that lead back to many memories that she'd never get rid of. She smiled softly, sliding into the driver's seat before starting the engine. She dumped her bag in the passenger seat, letting out a sigh when she heard her husband's complaints about her throwing the bag at him. Laylah turned her gaze to the road, flicking on her blinker before she pulled out into the street.

###

'The NSA and the DEA are both involved, so we'll be part of a joint taskforce. Go ahead, Garcia,' Hotch stated as he strode into the bullpen. 

'Ok. Uh, three weeks ago undercover DEA Agent Mark Bowers disappeared. He was based in El Paso, but five days ago his body showed up in Ciudad Juarez, just across the Mexican border,' Two images popped up on the screen as Penelope spoke.

'Ciudad Juarez is one of the most dangerous cities in the world,' Tara stated. 

'Not only was Agent Bowers found strangled, but he also had another human face covering his own face.'