21

###

"You walked into my life like you had always lived there, like my heart was a home built just for you

"You walked into my life like you had always lived there, like my heart was a home built just for you."
A.R.Asher

###

Spencer and Laylah spoke animatedly as they walked up the hall toward his apartment, their hands set in each other's. It'd been a few months since Derek had been taken, the man on leave and attending counselling as their cases continued to come in. She smiled at him at him as he began to talk about a book he'd just finished reading, letting him take his hand so he could unlock the front door. 

He pushed opened the door to reveal the dimly lit apartment, books scattered around the place and many, many more sat in the bookshelf. He flicked a light on, tucking his hands into his pockets as he watched her nervously. She stepped a little further inside the small apartment before she turned back to him with a smile; chuckling. 

'I didn't expect anything less,' She stated.

'You like it? I tried to clean up, but I didn't have enough room to put all my books on the shelves,' He rambled. 

'Spence. You did a good job. Needs a few photos, but it feels like a cozy little home.'

He nodded, glancing around his apartment before his gaze came to land on her. 

'I, uh, I brought ice cream,' He blurted; 'I mean, if you want some.'

'Sure,' She nodded; 'What flavour?'

'Cookies and cream.'

'Oh, Spence.'

She chuckled, placing her things down on the small couch in the living room before she moved to help him. He placed the ice cream on the counter and pointed her to the bowls, her hands pulling two down from the shelf. She placed them on the counter, watching Spencer struggle to get the frozen goodness out of the tub. She tried not to laugh, but he eventually sent her a defeated look; a slight pout on his lips. 

'Give it here,' She smiled fondly. 

He sighed, letting her take the spoon before she turned to the sink; confusing him for a second. 

'You just gotta warm it up,' She stated. 

'Won't it ruin the ice cream?' He asked as he came up behind her. 

Warmth covered her back, his body just touching hers. And she resisted the urge to lean back into him as a blush flittered across her cheeks. The brushes of their skin, and touches of his hands, were beginning to drive her wild; crave more than just a mere flitter of a touch. It had been a long time since she'd had a man hold her, or kiss her, or make love to her. But, she was willing to wait if that meant she had Spencer.

She swallowed as she flicked the facet on a hot, 'Uh, n-no.'

'You ok?' He placed a hand on her waist.