27

###

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."
Helen Keller

###

Spencer worked with Laylah to place markers on the map, labelling every serial killer in the three rings they'd manged to calculate based on travel time and speed of the different modes of transport that were around.

'Dahmer, Milwaukee,' She placed another marker onto the map; 'Otto Hoch, Chicago.'

'I'll add these, then I think we have everyone we accounted for,' Spencer nodded.

He came up behind her, pressing himself against her as he reached out to place another marker down. His warmth surrounding her, a sigh of content leaving her mouth as he placed a kiss to the top of her head.

'I'm gonna go get the others,' He murmured.

'Ok,' She nodded, eyes scanning the map.

It was only a few seconds before Spencer was striding back into the room, her feet moving her out of the way so Emily and Rossi could see the map. She turned to face them with a small smile, Spencer coming up beside her; placing a hand on the small of her back.

'If the unsub has moved on, we were trying to discern where he might go. Based on the time of death of his most recent victims, we were able to estimate just how far he could get,' Spencer explained.

'Now, if he's somehow managed to get on an airplane, however, he could be anywhere in the world right now,' Laylah shook her head.

'Kennedy, La Guardia, and Newark are heavily covered. It'd be hard to get through that net,' Rossi noted.

'Exactly,' Spencer nodded; 'So his most likely mode of transport would be a train, a bus, or a car. We looked at departure schedules, we factored in possible travel speeds, and it appears to me he could not have gotten past this.'

He motioned to the outer circle they'd created, the dark line cutting across the stated.

'That's a lot of real estate to cover,' Emily sighed.

'What's the deal with these?' Rossi motioned to the coloured markers.

'Each of these represents the most famous killer of the past a hundred years,' Laylah informed him.

'Wow, look at Chicago,' Emily drawled.

'We went as far back as the eighteen nineties with H.H. Holmes, then the Lipstick killer in the nineteen forties, William Heirens. We of course also have to consider Al Capone and the St. Valentine's Day massacre and Richard Speck and John Wayne Gacy,' Spencer pointed out.

Emily motioned to the outliers, 'I'm assuming that's Jeffrey Dahmer nearby in Milwaukee?'

'Yes. And this is Ed Gein.'