17

###

"The darkness always lies

"The darkness always lies."
Anthony Liccione

###

Laylah walked slowly with Penelope as they headed down the hall to collect their teammates for a case, the pair having been talking when it came in. Laylah had been telling her about Spencer, and how Derek had suggested she and Spencer come out for dinner with himself and his girlfriend, Savannah.

'It's a double date, I'm telling you,' Penelope stressed.

'It's not,' Laylah whined; 'Is it?'

'It definitely is.'

'Oh, Penn. What do I wear? You need to come with me.'

'No, no, no.'

'Come on. Derek's up to something, I know it.'

'You'll be ok. It's just dinner.'

'With an all but married couple. Spence and I aren't even... I don't even know if he wants to date me.'

Penelope smiled, sending her a knowing smile that she groaned to.

'You're probably completely screwed, but good luck anyway,' Rossi's voice sounded from Derek's office.

The women stepped into the doorway with curious looks, Penelope asking; 'Good luck with what?'

'Nothing. Nothing,' Derek tapped his phone on the desk looking defeated.

'Savannah says they need to talk,' Rossi answered.

They all looked at the man, Laylah suppressing a smile as Derek rolled his eyes.

'Ok, you know what? All of you, thank you. You guys are so helpful,' He sighed.

'Ok, ok. Here's me being helpful. Uh, the good news is that your We-need-to-talk talk with your fabulous lady love is gonna have to wait, cause,' Penelope tapped the files in her arms.

'Let me guess. The bad news is we got ourselves a case.'

'Yeah, and it's real bad. So, saddle up, cowboys, and cowgirl, cause Hotch says you need to get leaving ASAP.'

Penelope turned and left the room, heading out to gather the others.

'So, you have a little reprieve for now, but take it from me, short of faking a heart attack, there's no way to avoid the inevitable,' Rossi teased with a smile before he left.

'So, this means no dinner for us,' Laylah pouted; 'Which is good because I'm still trying to figure out what you're up to.'

'I told you, I'm not up to anything.'

'See, and when you say that, you get this cheeky look in your eye and it bugs me.'

'Whatever you say, Davis.'