32

###

"The sea is dangerous and its storms terrible

"The sea is dangerous and its storms terrible. But these obstacles have never been sufficient reason to remain ashore."
Ferdinand Magellan

###

Laylah leant into Spencer's side as he held her there with his arm around her shoulders, walking through the security after being checked over. She looked up at him as he spoke about his mum, planning on visiting her in the coming weeks. It made her yearn for her own parents back in Brooklyn, missing them after all this time. She smiled when Spencer leant down to kiss her as they came to stand in the elevator, pecking her lips a few times with a smile. They both looked up when someone called their name, Spencer caught the doors to let Tara in, sending her a welcoming smile. 

'Thanks,' She panted. 

'You're welcome,' Spencer smiled. 

A conversation was quick to spark between them, the short ride in the elevator going by unnoticed until the doors opened again.

'The thing is, you have to take the time or it just flies by,' Tara noted. 

'I know,' Spencer nodded as they wandered onto the floor.

'I've heard Alaskan cruises are pretty amazing.'

'Mum has a phobia.'

'Of water or?'

'Cruise ships, specifically.'

'Ok. But she's good to fly?'

'Yeah.'

'All right, so there's gotta be a place she's always mentioned she wanted to go. What's the first thing that pops into your head?'

'Uh, it's Paris, actually.'

'Wow. Done. Book that.'

'You're right. Thank you.'

'If we're talking about vacations, guess where I'm going,' Penelope walked over to the grinning. 

Spencer hummed, 'To visit Emily?'

'Yes. How did you know that?'

'Because nothing else would make you this excited.'

Penelope laughed, nodding her head as she gripped her octopus mug in her hands. 

'Have you ever been to London before?' Laylah asked. 

'Yes. One time, four years ago. It was work slash play. This is gonna be all play. I am leaving all my phones at home,' Penelope gushed before noting their pointed looks; 'You're right. That's not true. I'm going to bring them all, but I'm going to put them on airplane mode most of the time.'

'Yeah. Baby steps,' Tara chuckled. 

'That's right, mate. Oh, I am putting the kettle on. Would anyone like a proper cup?'