33

###

"The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being

"The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being."
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

###

Spencer stood beside Laylah, turning to place a hand on her back as they wandered over to where the team now stood watching. Rossi already had his phone in hand, Penelope on the line as the couple joined them.

'If I can direct your attention to Rossi's phone, I will introduce you to Eric Rawdon,' Penelope instructed as a photo appeared on the man's screen; 'He has had multiple IRC chats with Asher until he was arrested for criminal conspiracy.'

'Conspiracy with who?' Rossi asked.

'Well, it looks like a bunch of anarchists. Rawdon isn't necessarily an anarchist himself, but he did want to make something go boom.'

'So he's charismatic, duplicitous,' Tara suggested; 'I mean, he'd have to be to persuade a bunch of anarchists to rally around him.'

'What's the overlap with Hotch?' JJ queried.

'Our gone but not forgotten and soon to be recovered Sir Hotchner wrote up up a profile on Rawdon, which he defended in court.'

'And this is revenge,' Spencer stated.

'No, we know it's bigger than that,' Rossi shook his head.

'But there's no way Rawdon could have pulled this off while in prison. Garcia, what was the last contact Rawdon had with Asher?' JJ pressed.

'Uh, emails from last week. The IP addresses are from all over the state, but none from Virginia super max. prison where Rawdon currently resides.'

'So someone else took over the account, or multiple someone's depending on who's still supporting Rawdon,' Laylah sighed.

'I'm gonna add Word to the end of Laylah's last sentiment, because whoever is sending these emails has gone hog wild over the last twelve hours, and the message is always the same; The Storm Breaks Tonight, Get His Bed Ready.'

'That's reminiscent of the emails the nine-one-one hijackers sent to each other, weeks before the attack,' Spencer chimed; 'Coded messages like; This Summer Will Surely Be Hot. It was their way of saying the plan is set.'

'Except this is The Storm Breaks Tonight,' Rossi mulled over the words before his eyes snapped up; 'He's planning a prison break.'

'We need to go,' Laylah demanded.

###

'That's affirmative, Agent Rossi. The riot just started here in VA Max,' A warden at Virginia Super Max Prison confirmed.

Laylah sighed, leaning back into the car seat as her fingers tapped her thigh; surrounded by her team mates.

'Focus all your efforts on finding Rawdon. We need him alive,' Rossi instructed.