10

###

"To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society

"To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society. "
Theodore Roosevelt

###

Laylah was reading at her desk when a cup of coffee was placed down before her, a grin on her lips as she looked up at Spencer. He sent her a nervous smile in reply, moving to sit at his desk. She took the cup and took a small sip from it, her eyes widening as she spun around to look at the man. 

'How'd you know my coffee?' She asked. 

'I may have asked Garcia,' He replied. 

'Why?'

'Just wanted to do something nice.'

'Thanks... But, I am restricted to one a day, or I start bouncing off the walls.'

She smiled when he let out a chuckle, spinning back around to continue her reading. Though, she let out a soft sigh when her phone buzzed in the table beside her with a message from Penelope. 

'It seems the adventures of the Little Prince will have to wait,' She shut her book. 

'The Little Prince?' Spencer queried as he wandered over.

'Don't tell me you haven't read The Little Prince?'

'No, I haven't.'

'That is not ok, Spencer.'

She turned and pressed the book to his chest, motioning for him to take it. 

'Aren't you reading it?' He asked with furrowed brows. 

'I've read it at least twenty times,' She waved him off; 'You need it more.'

'Judging by the size of it, I'll be able in at least five minutes. Isn't this a children's book?'

She gaped at him, turning away as she started for the bullpen; 'I have it in it's original translation if you want more of a challenge.'

'Which is?'

'French.'

'Ten minutes, tops.'

'I can't believe you.'

She walked away from him, sliding into a seat at the table as Spencer walked in tucking the book away into his bag. 

'Boston P.D.'s requested our help,' Hotch strode into the room; 'Garcia?'

'Ok, uh, this case is not for the faint of heart. So if I faint, that's why,' Penelope sat down; 'Uh, a week ago, the headless body of twenty year old Lily Chang was discovered in a playground in Roxbury, then two days ago forty five year old Denise Wagner was discovered in the North End. Her body, sans head, was left on an old couch by the curb.'