39

###

"Sinful and forbidden pleasures are like poisoned bread

"Sinful and forbidden pleasures are like poisoned bread. They may satisfy appetite for the moment, but there is death in them at the end."
Tyron Edwards

###

Laylah laid her jumpsuit out upon the bed, smiling softly to herself as she looked over the grey fabric. Angel had sent it to her in the mail a few weeks ago, the outfit suiting her perfectly. The rest of her bag was packed to go, ready for her plane that was set to leave in a few hours to Santa Fe, New Mexico. She nodded to herself, excited to see Angel for the first time in a little over two years and to be his best man at his wedding. 

Her front door opened, 'Hey.'

'Hey, baby,' She replied as Spencer made his way up the loft stairs.

'Baby? I thought you were baby.'

'Well, what do you want to be, then?'

'I-I like baby.'

She giggled, turning to him to greet him with a kiss. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her against him. 

'I'm going to miss you,' He murmured.

'I'll miss you, too,' She smiled; 'I won't be gone long.'

'I just wish I could come with you.'

'Who said you couldn't?'

'I can't, Lay. We can't be down two men.'

'Yeh... I know. Maybe one day we can travel together.'

'I'd- I'd like that.'

'I would, too.'

She played with the hair on the nape of his neck, merely enjoying being in his arms when their phones chimes at the same time. She winced, her smile falling away as Spencer pulled out his phone.

'We have a case,' He sighed. 

'You're kidding,' She twisted her lips. 

'Don't you have leave?'

'On the bounds that we didn't have a case, I technically only have the day of the wedding and the day after off.'

'Oh. What happens if we don't make it back in time?'

'We just hope that we do... Come on, I need to get changed.'

'I think you look good.'

She chuckled, 'For lazing around with you.'

'When you get home?'

'Of course.'

He laughed softly, watching her as she wandered across the room.