31

###

"No man really knows about other human beings

"No man really knows about other human beings. The best he can do is to suppose that they are like himself."
John Steinbeck

###

Laylah eventually had to move to another room so she could lay out all the paper she'd been given, forging piles around her as her mind worked in over drive. So far, there was little to go on, but Penelope was still working to get her more information. She looked up when her phone rang, answering it quickly as she continued to read.

'Hey, what's up?' She greeted.

'Hey, could you come down to the lab?' Spencer asked.

'I'll be there in a sec.'

She hung up, reading the final page she held before she placed it on the table, she gathered the pile she hadn't read yet and made her way down the lab.

'Hey,' She sent Spencer a smile as she entered the room.

'Hey,' He replied.

'What's up?'

'Nothing. Just wanted the company.'

'Since when does Spencer Reid want the company?'

'Since he started dating you.'

She chuckled, nodding her head as she sat at one of the side benches.

'Any leads?' She asked.

'Well, I originally thought she'd written CH on my hand, but then I realised it was C plus plus,' He replied.

'Base sixteen.'

'Yeh.'

'Can you work it?'

'It's almost simple when you figure it out.'

'But, have you got an answer?'

'Almost. What're you doing?'

'Trying to find the big bad secret Antonia's hiding.'

'How do you know it's a secret?'

'She gave herself away. She lost someone and I'm beginning to think it was a child. She asked about Imogen, her finger twitched and when I told her she'd lost someone it twitched again.'

'So, why do you think she killed those kids?'

'I'm not sure yet. But, I'm getting there, I think.'

Silence fell upon them as they began to work again, Laylah's fingers drumming against her thigh so she didn't distract the man from his work. Her mind was slowly beginning to piece together a image in her mind, but it was still patchy.

'Atone F-L, M-N,' Spencer muttered.

'What?' She looked to him.

'That's the message. Atone full moon.'