40

###

"Three things cannot long stay hidden; the sun, the moon, the truth

"Three things cannot long stay hidden; the sun, the moon, the truth."
Buddah

###

The team stood in front of their evidence board as they looked toward the Boynton Beach station, looking over the small group of officers. Laylah wrung her fingers together in front of her, scanning the room as she waited for them to start.

'We're looking for a white male, thirty to forty years old, who may be performing crude chemical lobotomies on his victims,' Rossi started.

'It appears he's drilling up through the nasal cavity in order to insert chlorine into his victims' brains,' Spencer continued.

'Chlorine?' An officer queried.

'Concentrated chlorine is highly corrosive,' JJ nodded.

'This suggests he's trying to destroy their frontal lobes. That area of the brain controls impulse and inhibition,' Laylah added.

'Didn't Jeffrey Dahmer want to create sex slave zombies?' The same man asked.

'Yes. And like Dahmer, he may be looking for a way to find power and control over his victims,' Rossi answered; 'In this case, thirty something single mothers with young sons. His knowledge of the dump sites indicates that he's comfortable here and likely lives or works in the area.'

'He's probably physically fit and may drive a large van or a pickup in order to transport the drums,' Luke spoke next.

'It's doubtful that he has any medical training, and when his experiments fail, he may be entombing his victims as a forensic countermeasure,' Spencer added.

'The use of chlorine combined with his masonry skills suggests he's some sort of tradesman,' JJ suggested.

'Let's look at contractors, pool builders. He could also be part of a highway road crew,' Luke instructed.

'The dump site area is important to him. We need your help to find out why. In the meantime, single mums with young sons should remain vigilant. Thank you,' Rossi finished.

Laylah sighed softly, scanning the room before she turned to head back into the conference room. She leant back against the table, warmth suddenly trailing down her back as Spencer's unique smell surrounded her.

'What're you seeing?' He asked.

'Same thing as everyone else,' She replied; 'This guy is using these women as surrogates for his own mother, but in his wake he's leaving kids to be orphaned out to family or the system... What if-'

'He's been orphaned out too?'

###

Laylah and Spencer turned their attention away from the evidence board when Emily's phone began to ring, the girl shutting her file to look to the device.