48

###

"So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good

"So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good." 
Helen Keller

###

The team stood around the small room they'd been given to work in at the station, trying to figure out their next move. Laylah sat at a desk with a file before her, listening into the conversation as she also tried to work out a solution in her head. 

'His house is a puzzle, but other than the bicycle helmet, we couldn't find any sign of the kids,' Emily informed the group.

'I think this guy's too simple to be who we're looking for,' Luke shook his head.

'We should take a closer look at the Henson case. Who called it in back then?' JJ questioned.

'Their mum did, but she died a few years ago,' Spencer answered; 'Their older brother Deeley was with them that night.'

'Yeah, we met him on the roadside. According to Coop, he lives across town and he went out of his way to find us on Route Seven.'

'Sounds like he's trying to insert himself into our investigation,' Rossi muttered.

'Except when we asked him to talk, he refused,' Spencer stated.

'Maybe it's time to give it another try,' Emily suggested.

'You want to take a ride?' Luke looked to Spencer.

'Sure,' The man nodded before heading toward the door.

'If Jimmy really isn't our unsub, we're back to one,' JJ sighed.

'Let's go dig up the Henson files. I'll buy you a cup of coffee on the way,' Rossi nodded.

The pair left the room, leaving Laylah sitting at the table and Emily and Tara stood around her. Her eyes flicked over the pictures, then jumped to the information for what seemed like the tenth time.

'What are you thinking?' Tara asked.

'A lot of circumstantial evidence against Jimmy Ridley, but I wanted to go over-' Emily started.

'I was actually wondering what you were thinking about staying.'

'Oh. Right. Well, uh, more pros than cons. I love this group and the job, but-'

'But you've got a life back in London and a boyfriend,' Laylah stated.

'Yeah.'

'Have you told him yet?' Tara pressed.

'Oh, I haven't had the chance. We jumped on the jet.'

'You should call him.'

'I will... You mean right this second.'