8

###

"It's not so important who starts the game, but who finishes it

"It's not so important who starts the game, but who finishes it."
Erich Fromm

###

Laylah let out a soft sigh, licking her lips as her fingers began to tap her thigh under the table. Spencer remained quiet for a little while, staring across at Cat as she continued to grin like the Cheshire Cat.

'Where's your head, Spencer? What are you thinking about?' Cat almost teased as she slid around the booth.

'I was thinking about entropy,' He answered, causing her to hum; 'It's the thermodynamic measure of the degradation of matter and energy in the universe. To put it another way- Hey.'

'There's your gun.'

Laylah mulled over his words for a second, before it settled in her mind; he was beginning to loose control of the situation.

'Good evening,' A waiter approached the booth.

'Hi, uh, you know what? We've been having so much fun getting to know one another, we'll let you know when we're ready, ok?' Cat smiled up at him; 'Thank you... Now that we got that out of the way, will you do me a favour and tell Blondie McBlonderson over there at the bar to disappear?'

Kat looked directly at JJ, who looked away quickly; giving herself away.

'JJ, stand down,' Hotch instructed.

The blonde placed down her drink and left the bar, walking past the table.

'Thanks for playing, sweetie,' Cat jeered.

'If she learns how many agents we have outside, she'll start shooting,' Hotch muttered; 'Dave, get ready to take her out.'

'Yeah,' Rossi nodded.

'Reid, do not let her get up from the table.'

'All right, you're in charge,' Spencer clasped his hands together on the table; 'Tell me what you want and I'll see if I can get it here for you.'

'Anything I want?' Cat cocked a brow.

'Anything you want.'

'Like a million dollars in unmarked bills, maybe a plane to Aruba?'

'Is that what you want?'

'And you'll say you'll bring it here, but the real plan is to distract me from what is, I'm sure, an impressive law enforcement response just outside that door. Is that the plan?'

'That's the plan.'

'Ok, let's talk, but let's talk about something interesting, at least. Tell me about me.'

'You? You're a black widow hit woman. You specialise in seduction and you're patient. You learn everything you can about the men you're hired to kill, physically, psychologically, and emotionally, because you want them in as compromised a position as possible so they don't see it coming when you pull the trigger.'