24

###

"It has been said, 'time heals all wounds

"It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone."
 Rose Kennedy

###

Laylah drove furiously through the streets of Quantico, the red and blue lights embedded in the front of her jeep finally coming into use again after many months of laying dormant. Spencer gripped the handle above the door tightly, watching on as she drove like a pro through the bust streets. She came to a screeching halt behind one of the team's SUVs, Hotch's brows furrowing before he realised who it was. She threw herself out of the car, striding toward him as Spencer climbed out the passenger side. 

'I'm so sorry,' She gushed; 'We were asleep.'

Hotch went to open his mouth when they heard Derek shout, a police officer stopping him from entering the crime scene. 

'Hey, let me through, that's my team over there! Get your hands off me. I'm FBI,' He yelled. 

'Hey, hey, he's an Agent. Let him through,' JJ called. 

'What the hell is wrong with them? Don't they know we're on this case?' 

'Yes, he knows. He just didn't know who you are. It's ok,' Penelope spoke softly. 

'Tell me you got something.'

They gathered in a loose circle to talk, looking to one another. 

'A casing and a rifle up on the roof,' Rossi jutted his chin out toward the hospital building. 

'This guy isn't sloppy. He's sending us a message,' JJ stated. 

'Garcia, we need to access the surveillance footage,' Hotch instructed. 

'Of course. I'm on it,' The woman nodded before she headed inside. 

'What else we got?' Derek pressed. 

'That's it right now,' Rossi sighed. 

'Where were you and Savannah standing?' Spencer asked in an attempt to help his agitated friend. 

'We were standing right over there on the side of my truck. We were just talking. She was to the back and I was facing her. I was the one who was vulnerable. I was the easy shot,' Derek exclaimed. 

'How's Savannah?' Laylah queried. 

'She's in surgery,' Derek sighed. 

'Come on, let's check in,' Rossi stepped toward him. 

'You guys got this?'

'Go,' Hotch nodded.

Laylah blinked away her glassy eyes, drawing in a deep breath. She needed to concentrate, Derek needed her to concentrate.