[Chapter 17: Play Along]

*Zackyro's Point of View

Binalot naman agad kami ng isang katahimikan pagkatapos naming marinig lahat ng gusto naming marinig mula kay Tita. Then eventually, I just suddenly couldn't helped but to speak up as I thought of something.

"By any chance, did you know why did that tiger lady lied in the first place?"

Thinking about Mrs. Laurent and her white lie about being back the day after tomorrow, and since I can't deny the fact the the Alum knows everything, maybe they have tinsy little bit of infos regarding about this matter.

Tumingin naman ulit sa akin si Tita Avani at umiling na naging dahilan para mapakunot ako ng noo. What?

"Knowing about that can wait for a little while, Zace. I need you to act as if you don't know something about them."Nagkatinginan naman kaming apat nang marinig 'yon.

Seriously? She wanted us to act as if, we didn't heard all of these right now?

"You've got to be kidding me."I bluntly said in a monotone voice while looking at her and unknowingly hope that she's really joking.

"Then you should have told us about this matter sooner or later, if you want us to act as if we don't know anything."Hue blurted out and look at Tita Avani with his serious face, which made me to roll my eyes, afterwards.

"Kuyas, just trust Tita with this."

Lahat naman kami ay biglang napatingin sa kapatid ko nang bigla siyang magsalita at sabihin 'yon na may ngiti sa mukha niya. My forehead suddenly creased the moment I saw how she assured us with what Tita Avani is trying to say. Napasandal naman ako sa kinauupuan ko at tinignan ko sila na nanliliit ang mga mata.

"What's really up your sleeves?"Hue butted into the conversation and bluntly said it towards Tita Avani who's just smiling her ears out.

I unknowingly shuddered as I saw her smile again for the first time after these past few months. Napailing nalang ako at tumayo na naging dahilan para sa akin matuon ang mga atensyon nila.

"Okay, we've heard enough."I nonchalantly said. Tumango naman yung tatlo bago nagpasyang tumayo na rin sa mga kinauupuan nila.

We immediately went towards Tita Avani and kissed her on both side of the cheeks as we bid good byes.

Agad namang humawak sa kamay ko si Vi nang papalabas kami.

"Zace."We were about to walk our way towards the door, but Tita Avani suddenly called me out. Napatigil naman ako sa paglalakad at muli namang napalingon sa kaniya, habang yung iba ay tuluyan nang nakalabas ng Hall of Reign.

She suddenly came over and tapped me on the shoulder.

"I know you can handle this."Dahil sa sinabi niya ay nagkatinginan kaming dalawa ni Vi.

"Just a little bit more, Zace."

I furrowed my forehead the moment I heard what she said especially the last part, as she just passed by right through us and left us here. Pinanuod ko naman siya kung paano siya mawala sa paningin namin bago muling bumalik sa paglalakad palabas at umiling.

"Hey, you know something about this."I was not asking a questions towards my sister, but she knows that I am clearly stating what I meant.

Halos wala naman akong nagawa kundi mapaismid nalang nang makita kong tumawa lang siya ng mahina pagkarinig niya ng sinabi ko at akayin nalang ako sa paglalakad.

Eventually, I just found myself thinking why Tita Avani wants us to do what she wanted us to do. She obviously knows something.

But, why can't she tell it right now?

* * *

"We'll come by in a few more hours."I swiftly ended the call that I reiceved from Vi and was about to go back in wearing my wireless earphones, but then Hue approached me.

"What did she say?"Tinignan ko naman siya nang marinig ang sinabi niya.

"She asked if we will come by and go to the Alum."Tumango naman siya pagkatapos kong sabihin 'yon at muling bumalik sa pagbabasa ng libro niya.

I mentally rolled my eyes as I saw him did that.

I quickly didn't have the second thought to smoothly ignore the girls following us as we encounter them along the way, and act as if they all don't exist and just continue walking.

Pilit ko na ring kinakalma ang sarili ko dahil baka mapatay ko sila nang wala sa oras.

"Hey, incoming."I suddenly remove one of my earphones and can't help but to mentally smirk as I noticed someone coming in our way.

Margauxe. She bubbly waved at us, as if we're all somehow close. Kumuha naman siya ng isang silay sa akin at ngumisi.

I shuddered. Bitch, not me.

"Margauxe!"Axe suddenly tilted his head and waved back at her. Mas lalo namang ngumisi si Margauxe nang mangyari 'yon.

"Where were you, yesterday?"She suddenly asked out of nowhere. Hindi ko naman napigilan na mapangiti ng nakakaloko at lagpasan siya.

"Here, inside the university."But I gradually stop for a few seconds and said that to her.

Nakita ko naman na biglang nawala ang ngisi niya nang marinig ang sagot ko, na parang hindi niya inaasahan na 'yon ang magiging sagot ko sa kaniya.

Unfortunately, we don't have time to listen anymore to what she will about to say.

"It's simple as I thought."The three suddenly gaze their attentions to me as we continue walking and left Margauxe dumbfounded.

"She's trying to play with us. Why not give her the fun that she wants?"

Mas lalong hindi ko na napigilan na mapangisi nang sabihin ko 'yon sa kanilang tatlo. Then eventually, looks like they already realized what I meant making them all grinned back at me as well.

"Seriously, don't she think she's playing the wrong game?"Axe suddenly joked around as if he's acting worried.

Rye on the other hand went through beside him and quickly put his arm across his shoulders. Ginulo niya naman agad ang buhok ni Axe nang mangyari 'yon.

"Tita Avani sure is something, sometimes."Hue out of nowhere suddenly blurted out.

Nagkatinginan naman kaming dalawa pagkatapos niyang sabihin 'yon sa amin. I just eventually shrugged that made him shook his head in an unbelievably manner.

It's on, Margauxe.

* * *