[Chapter 55: The Aftermath]

*Azraell's Point of View

"DAMN! APHRODITE! NO!"

Those were the exact last words that we heard from Zace, the moment we got ourselves in last night from the mansion.

Pagkarating palang namin doon ay halos saktong nawalan na siya ng malay, kaya agad na namin siyang binuhat pabalik sa kotse lalo na at nakita naming may saksak siya.

"How is she?"

I immediately turn back my gaze towards the door, as soon as I heard Trixie together with Vi came in.

Nang marinig ko ang sinabi nila ay agad kong tinuon ang atensyon ko papunta kay Aphrodite na medyo mas malala pa ang natanggap kumpara kay Zace.

Aphrodite got scars over her legs, and blood flowing from her arms. Plus the fact that her clothes were almost ripped, as we saw her lying down on the floor right after she seemed to came downstairs.

And unfortunately, she was shot from the back.

"She's fine, I guess."I said as I flashed them a
half-smile.

"She was shot from the upper back, thank goodness it didn't hit her heart."Vi explained and unknowingly went towards beside Aphrodite.

"Should we be even grateful that the bitch was far away enough when she shoot Aphro?"

Sabay naman kaming napatingin ni Vi nang marinig ang sinabi ni Trixie na blangkong nakatingin kay Aphrodite na halos dalawang araw nang walang malay.

Napabuntong-hininga naman ako nang marinig ang sinabi niya.

As far as I can remember, Levi and Vann tried to chase Mrs. Kan last night when we noticed her running off from the second floor.

But unlucky them, they were somehow held off by some bastards when they arrived and the only one who they brought with them was Tita Dione.

Nadala rin nila pabalik sa baba yung ginamit ni Mrs. Kan kay Aphrodite.

It was just a handgun with a silencer in it, but the damage it costed Aphrodite is worst since she was shot from the back.

On the other hand, Aphrodite's scars and the hits that she got from last night were already treated as soon as we brought her back in the other car and not the car that we used to drove to the mansion.

"She'll survive, right?"Vi suddenly asked out of nowhere.

Hindi ko naman agad napigilan na mapaiwas ng tingin nang marinig ko ang sinabi niya.

I don't know what to answer or to react to what she just asked, because even I can't explain the chances of Aphrodite will survive from the shot.

The exact days of monitoring her is still unknown and not determined according to their family doctor, so we still couldn't tell when exactly she will wake up.

She gained consciousness when she was being treated, but due to continuous fighting and as she outdid herself, she fell unconscious, once again.

"The medical is still continuously monitoring her and still need to analyze some tests regarding to her condition."Trixie suddenly sighed and lean on to her seat.

"In the meantime, they already put the pain relievers and antibiotics as soon as they cleaned the wound. They also immediately managed to prevent the internal bleeding from getting worst."Dagdag niya pa at sandaling napatingin sa labas.

"The only thing that we can do right now, is to look after her."I awkwardly smiled the moment I heard myself.

Bumalik naman agad ang atensyon ko kay Aphrodite.

* * *

Lahat naman ay napatingin sa akin nang makabalik ako sa kwarto galing sa control room. Ulysses immediately offered me a seat the moment I came in.

Doon ko lang din napansin na nandito pala si Tita Dione, kaya pinuntahan ko muna siya at nakipagbeso sa kaniya bago tuluyang umupo sa tabi ni Ulysses.

"How are you, Tita?"Vi asked as she gave her a nice relaxing tea.

Isang matamlay na ngiti naman ang ibinigay niya sa aming lahat pagkatapos niyang ipatong yung tea sa side table na binigay sa kaniya ni Vi.

She flashed us her fakest smile before caressing her daughter's hair.

"She should have known that Vidia would used me against her."Tita Dione stared at Aphrodite as she blurted out those words, instead of answering what just Vi asked her.

Nagkatinginan naman kaming lahat pagkatapos marinig ang sinabi niya. Trixie on the other hand suddenly approached her out of nowhere.

"I don't think if it makes sense, but she had a nightmare about what happened."She explained that made Tita Dione quickly glanced at her.

"What?"

Sandali namang umupo sa kama si Trixie at tinignan si Aphrodite na halos mahimbing parin na nagpapahinga dahil sa nangyari.

"Ae had a nightmare that you'd be captured by the Onyx and she felt like it was real. It's somehow surreal, but we didn't knew it would really happened."Vi butted in and briefly explained more.

"She lost her control that made Vi eventually used a tranquilizer against her."

Nang marinig naman namin 'yon ay kasabay nang pag-iwas ng tingin ni Vi at wala sa oras na napakuyom ng kamao. Tita Dione seemed to noticed it and flashed an assuring smile.

"Violet, dear."She called out her name. Vi on the other hand, slowly faced her.

Tita Dione unknowingly reached out for her hand and gently caressed it with the other bare. Magsasalita na sana siya nang mapansin niya si Zace sa kabilang kama.

Right from that moment, her assuring smile widened and straightly look at Vi.

"Your brother loves my Aphrodite, to the point he risked himself by making her to choose me over him."Tita Dione is already at the edge of tearing up, but she managed to get a hold of it.

Tinignan niya naman si Aphrodite.

"She will survive."

Halos mapaiwas naman kami ng tingin nang makita naming tuluyan nang hindi napigilan ni Tita Dione na mapaluha. Vi—who's she holding suddenly get off from the bed and initiately took both of Tita Dione's hands.

"Tita."Vi gently caressed her back.

"She will survive, because he believes she will."

Nagkatinginan naman kaming lahat matapos marinig ang sinabi niya. Matamlay naman akong napangiti pagkatapos 'non.

We know, Tita. Binigyan ko naman ng pansin si Zace.

We know, because we also know he couldn't forgive himself if that ever happens.

* * *