[Chapter 43: The Answer]

*Zackyro's Point of View

I held out her hand with my eyes still staring at her, as I waited for her answer. But I eventually couldn't helped but to tightened my grip, the moment I saw how she just look at me with the same way that I looked at her.

I mentally shook my head. Please, Aphrodite.

"Why? Why did you left?"I asked her desperately. But all she did was to half-smile, like she's not hearing something from me.

"Will you let me?"

Napakunot naman ang noo ko nang marinig ang naging sagot niya. I almost laugh under beneath my breath, as I close my eyes after realizing how Aphrodite really loves answering questions with another question.

But what does she mean about that? I just heavily sighed and ignored what she said.

"How come you never said anything about leaving the Alum?"I asked her, once more, hoping she can finally say something.

Naramdaman ko naman na humigpit din ang pagkakahawak niya sa kamay ko. Her smile faded the moment it happened, and her eyes were wandering in front of me, like she's finding the right words how to answer my question.

Matamlay naman siyang ngumiti.

"Like I said, Zack. Will you let me?"I started to get more confuse and confuse after she repeated the same question that I heard from her awhile ago. Just answer me, please.

Dahil doon ay halos mapakuyom ako ng kamao na alam ko namang napansin niya agad, dahil saglit siyang napatingin sa magkahawak naming kamay.

She suddenly held out my face and caressed it that made me to loosened my grip.

Napapikit naman ako nang mangyari 'yon at sabay na hinabol yung kamay niyang nasa pisngi ko.

I open my eyes and meet her eyes, once again.

"Why did you left the Alum? Why didn't I know anything? How come the others knew everything? Why didn't you tell me?"I don't know what just gotten into me, but I started pouring her the questions that had been roaming for the past few months.

She unknowingly look away the moment she heard every bit of those questions from me, but that's not just it.

Ang dami kong gustong malaman, pero hindi ko magawang itanong lahat 'yon sa kaniya dahil hindi ko alam kung saan ako magsisimula.

The past few months were empty without her by my side. The others already witnessed me how I outdid every single thing, and how they watched me killing myself for missing her.

Why is she like this? I close my eyes.

"Tell me, Aphrodite. How could you do this to me?"Tears are already about to escape from my eyes, but we're suddenly interrupted when the door opened and it revealed the others together with Tita Avani.

"Zace, why don't we take a sit and talk things out?"Kunot-noo ko silang tinignan.

Mas lalo namang kumunot ang noo ko nang hilahin agad ako ni Aphrodite sa malapit na couch sa amin at saka sabay na pinaupo.

She sat beside me and hold my hand tightly, as Tita Avani cleared her throat like she always do, before speaking up.

"Zace, what's your question, again?"

I slightly gave Aphrodite a glance the moment we heard what she just asked, and I saw how she nodded back at me.

Huminga naman ulit ako ng malalim bago humarap kay Tita Avani.

"Why did she left the Alum?"I asked the main question I've been wanting to know the answer for months.

Nagkatinginan naman silang dalawa ni Aphrodite, bago muling ibalik sa akin ni Tita Avani yung atensyon niya.

"Even before you became together, Aphrodite is already destined to leave the Alum."What?

"What do you mean destined?"Hue suddenly butted into the conversation, when I was about to react to what she just said.

Sumandal naman si Tita Avani sa kinauupuan niya at tinignan kami ng seryoso.

"You should have understand everything by now, Zace. Ever since I told you the lifestyle that Aphrodite have, she's already bounded by differences that made her to live her life more than a normal person could ever live."

I didn't know how to react to what did Tita Avani just explained to us, because her voice sounded like she's disappointed or something which made me to furrowed my forehead.

"Wait, so you all knew that she's going to leave the Alum?"I confusely asked.

"Ever since she stepped her foot inside L.U."

Napalihis naman ang atensyon ko papunta kay Trixie nang siya na ang nagpasyang sumagot sa tanong ko. She's looking at me straight in the eye, and all I did was to stare at her back.

I'm losing words upon hearing her.

Ever since? Together?

"Why did you let her leave?"I clenched my fist.

All of a sudden, I started to feel something like it's telling me that I shouldn't hear the next thing that Tita Avani ot anyone in this room have to say. I unknowingly gaze back to Aphrodite who's now wearing her usual aure.

Napakunot na naman ang noo ko dahil doon, at mas lalong kumuyom ang kamao ko nang makitang ganon ang itsura ng mukha niya.

I diverted my attention back towards Tita Avani. It can't be. No!

"Zace, I know that you already know what I meant."Tita Avani said to me, as she directly look at me the moment she said that.

"Why?"

Nagkatinginan naman silang lahat na mas lalong naging dahilan para makipag-away ako sa sarili ko kung lalabas na ba ako o hihintayin ko yung magiging sagot nila.

"Why did you let her leave just like that?!"I suddenly blurted out, not minding the arguments building up within me.

Mixed feelings were rushingly flowing inside my body as I face them altogether with my question that made me eventually get up from my seat.

The moment when I woke up without her by my side suddenly went popping inside my head. Naging dahilan naman 'yon halos mapapikit ako ng mariin at sabay na hinawakan yung ulo ko.

"Why?"I whispered under beneath my breath.

Aphrodite on the other hand quickly approached me by reaching out my hand.

"Aphrodite was never bound to stay here, Zace."There, I just found myself frozen.

I shouldn't have asked for more. Hindi ko na alam kung anong nangyari, pero namalayan ko nalang ang sarili ko na tumayo mula sa kinauupuan ko pagkatapos kong marinig 'yon mula kay Tita Avani.

"ZACE!"

Eventually, I just unknowingly left Hall of Reign. Damn.

* * *