[Chapter 49: Behind the Onyx]

*Huegerson's Point of View

Is it me or is it just?

Nagkatinginan naman kaming dalawa ni Rye nang marinig namin ang sinabi ni Aphrodite.

Axe, who's currently wiping out the blood from his dagger, just unknowingly shrugged to what she just said. While Zace on the other hand is worriedly looking at Aphrodite whose face is getting darker and darker, any moment.

"I got to agree with you."Axe shrugged, once more.

"Wow, this is the first time that I've seen you fought like that."Rye slightly tilted his head as he stared at Aphrodite in awe.

"You okay?"Zace asked her.

Hindi ko alam kung anong meron, pero halos kasi nanlalambot yung tuhod niya pagkatapos niyang makipaglaban kay Mrs. Kan. She even got the urge to clenched her fist, despite her situation.

Sandali ko namang binigyan pansin yung mga nagkalat na duguang lalaki sa harapan namin na walang magawa kundi atakihin kami kanina.

Damn.

Napailing nalang ako at pinunasan yung tumutulo kong pawis mula sa pakikipaglaban.

We were actually about to go home hours earlier, right after Aphrodite told us that she's been the one who made us play all along with both Margauxe and Mrs. Kan, now that we altogether knew that they are a part of the Onyx.

She even explained earlier that she's been in touch with us ever since—well specifically, in touch with the whole Alum itself even she's not here.

"You seemed to be really provoked while fighting her, earlier."I said while deep inside me is hoping that she'll get what I want to say.

Ever since we knew Aphrodite as Scar, there's something inside her that can be really interesting and dangerous, at the same time.

Her capabality to paralyze us is one thing we found. When she did it to me.

Now, I don't know what just gotten into her, but she almost seemed to be very uncontrollable whenever she's facing the Onyx—specifically towards one person only.

I mean, we do get it a lot that the Onyx was the one who provoked her for having a dark past, but why exactly is she aiming only for Mrs. Kan, plus Margauxe, and as well as for the head of te Onyx?

"Let's go back to the Alum."I called them out
and said that to them.

Ngayon ko lang kasi napansin na halos iba siya kung makipaglaban.

If she's fighting over these men on the ground lying unconsciously, one hit is enough for her to beat them down. But when it comes to the three of them, she's getting more uncontrollable than before.

There's something she's not telling us.

"Do we really have to go back?"Axe frowned as he placed his dagger behind him.

"We have to. I'm sure they already know what happened."I blurted out.

"Is it just me or they really tend to not show up and help us fight these men?"Rye groaned as he took a quick glance behind us and eventually raised a brow.

"They know we could beat them down."Zace answered as he carried Aphrodite in a bridal style.

I was about to go and approach Aphrodite, so I could ask her regarding to her actions while fighting. But I unknowingly stopped myself and simply look away.