[Chapter 23: Impressive]

*Zackyro's Point of View

Pagkatapos ng sinabi ng kapatid ko ay agad na siyang nagpaalam sa amin, kahit hindi parin natatanggal yung ngisi niya nung paalis na siya. I just shrugged it off and return my gaze back to these three who's looking at me with furrowed foreheads.

I immediately raised an eyebrow at them.

"Siblings."Sabay agad na pagkasambit nina Rye at Levi na halos ngayon ko lang din napansin na kasama namin silang dalawa ni Vann.

"See you later!"Eventually, both Levi and Vann bid their good byes as well.

"What's with her, looking at us, anyway?"

Hue suddenly butted in and mentioned regarding about the tiger lady who's still looking at us straight from the second floor.

"Hindi kaya inaabangan niya tayo? Hindi kaya tayo nalang late?"Axe suddenly hysterically freaked out which made me to rolled my eyes, afterwards.

Agad naman siyang binatukan ni Rye na naging dahilan para tumigil siya.

"We're always late. Besides, Luxe-Z is located at the 5th floor."Rye corrected him. Axe on the other hand just frankly frowned and placed his both arms over his chest.

"Quiet, you two."I interrupted their nonsense argument and hold each of their shoulders as they were about to face-off.

Napairap nalang ako at muling tumingin sa taas kung nasaan parin si Mrs. Kan na nakatingin parin sa amin kahit ngayon na may kausap sa phone niya.

I grinned under beneath my breath. How very impressive to do multi-tasking, Mrs. Kan.

Can't lose in your eyes, huh?

"Let her be."

It was the last thing that I said to the both of them before turning my grin into a smirk, as I eventually saw how her forehead creased the moment she saw me looking at her. Nakita ko na rin kung paano niya parin kami tignan kahit tapos na siyang makipag-usap sa kung sino man ang kausap niya.

But as much as to her dismay, I don't have time to do such staring contest with her.

Napaharap naman sa akin sina Axe at Rye nang makita 'yon, kasabay na pagkibit-balikat nila.

"Okay, let's go!"Axe interrupted and hyped out the mood.

I just unconsciously shook my head in an unbelievably manner, before putting both of my hands inside my pocket as I make our way towards inside.

Sumunod naman na sila sa akin nang manguna na ako sa paglalakad.

"Hey, Zace. Any luck with your searching and everything about them?"I was about to wear my wireless earphones, but my attention suddenly diverted to Hue.

Hearing his question unknowingly made me to clenched my fist.

Saglit naman akong napatingin sa kaniya ng blangko, bago muling ibalik ang atensyon ko sa daan nang hindi sinasagot ang tanong niya.

Despite the fact that I already know what Vi meant about why she suddenly compared everything with a treasure box, there's still inside me arguing that I need to know everything, as much as possible.

"Any luck about what?"

I immediately can't help but to smirk under beneath my breath, the moment Margauxe suddenly appeared in front of us with her hands on her waist and a smirk plastered on her face, as well.

Funny how I expected her to show up.

"Margauxe, how was Zace's kick?"Axe suddenly mocked her about what I did that made me mentally rolled my eyes at him.

Bigla namang nawala yung ngisi niya nang marinig niya yung sinabi ni Axe.

Hue and I suddenly look at each other as we both saw how she silently clenched her fists.

"Any luck about you and your mother."I bluntly said answering her question, that made the latter's attention suddenly diverted towards me.

"Mother?"As really expected, Margauxe.

"Hindi, father. Try mo father."Axe sarcastically blurted out. Lahat naman kami ay halos napaismid dahil sa sinabi niya. But then gazing back made me to take a few steps towards her and lean on to her ear as I whispered something.

"Daughter of Mrs. Kan."Naramdam ko naman agad na halos manigas siya sa kinatatayuan niya pagkatapos kong sabihin 'yon.

I immediately get rid of myself away from her after a few seconds.

Napansin ko naman na nagkatinginan sila Axe at mukhang nagtataka kung ano ang sinabi ko sa kaniya. But despite of their reactions, I'm quite more interested about Margauxe's.

Sandali naman siyang napangiti bago ilihis ulit ang atensyon niya sa akin.

"She's a Laurent, and I'm a Kan."She simply said, but all of us—including her can clearly sense the awkwardness in her voice.

"And why is that?"Rye suddenly had the urge to pressure her, who seemed to already realized what I just did.

Nang magtama naman ang mga namin ay agad akong umiling. Take it easy, Rye.

"Do you think I would know?"

Margauxe directly blurted out and seemed to already got a hold of herself and managed her expression after hearing what I said to her, earlier.

Very impressive, but not impressive enough to fool us. I just mentally smirked.

"Stop pressuring the girl, Rye."Bigla namang nakisali ulit si Axe at sabay na inakbayan si Rye habang nakangisi sila pareho kay Margauxe na nakikipaglaban sa titig nila.

"I'm not pressured, Axellous."Nagkibit-balikat naman si Axe bago tumingin sa akin at muling ngumisi.

Napalihis naman ang atensyon ko nang bigla kong makita si Mrs. Kan na nakatingin sa amin mula sa malayo at mukhang nagtataka kung bakit namin kaharap yung anak niyang tinatanggi siya.

I scoffed and did a wave at her, that made everyone including Margauxe followed my gaze.

Napailing nalang ako nang makita namin kung paano sila magtitigan.

I eventually placed both of my hands inside my pocket and turned around to change directions. Muli naman akong sinundan nung tatlo, nang bigla kaming mapansin ni Margauxe.

She was about to call us out as I sensed her, but I quickly lift my arms and did a waved back.

Better luck next time.

* * *