[Chapter 48: Ways to Play]

*Zackyro's Point of View

"You've been playing along with them, while beating them in their own game."

I almost saw the grin plastered on Aphrodite's face the moment she heard what just Axe blurted out. Hindi ko naman napigilan na sandaling matahimik ng makuha ko ang gusto niyang sabihin.

"Playing along?"

I eventually butted into the comversation and immediately mentioned some words regarding to what she said.

Lahat naman sila ay napatingin sa akin nang bigla akong sumabat. Aphrodite half-smiled and unknowingly reached out for my hand.

Dahil naman sa ginawa niya ay wala sa oras na napahigpit ako ng hawak sa kaniya pabalik at tumingin sa kaniya nang nakakunot ang noo ko.

"By any chance, do you know something about why Tita Avani just let things slipped by letting Mrs. Kan deceived everyone?"I asked her, hoping she'll answer me with the same answer that's currently roaming through my head.

It's just, hearing her dark past once again after the past few months really did had confirmed everything now the connection between her with both Margauxe and Mrs. Kan—well, rather individually to Mrs. Kan as we heard it.

So maybe, I just thought if she really knows something or anything about what's really happening despite leaving the Alum, maybe she knows what's the real situation going on.

"Oh, right. Tita Avani told us about that when she made us caught them trying to use us, so they could get towards where the Alum is."Rye butted in and said that to Aphrodite.

While she, on the other hand unknowingly flashed a smirk in front of us again, as she diverted her look towards him upon hearing what he said.

Napasandal pa nga siya pagkatapos 'non, habang hawak-hawak parin yung kamay ko.

"Yeah. She even made a student announced that she was on a flight, but in reality, well, you know what it is."Axe boredly said and placed his one hand under his chin.

Mas lalo namang lumaki ang ngisi ni Aphrodite matapos sabihin 'yon ni Axe. Umalis naman siya sa pagkakasandal sa kinauupuan niya at ginaya ang pwesto ni Axe, bago muling magsalita.

"Now, that's not something surprising."Aphrodite said that made us all together look at each other.

"What do you mean?"Levi and Vann asked at the same time, as we eventually waited for her answer.

The smirk plastered on her face suddenly faded right after she seemed to noticed that we still didn't get anything about what she meant when she said that.

Halos mapairap naman siya nang mangyari 'yon at bagot kaming tinignan.

"I can't believe all of you are a part of the Alum."She quickly wandered her eyes towards us that made Axe beside Hue suddenly acted like he's hurt.

"Ang sakit 'non sa puso, Aphro."Simangot niya na naging dahilan naman ulit para mas lalong mapairap si Aphrodite.

"I can't believe I still have to explain this."Aphrodite grunted.

Nakarinig naman kami ng isang tawa na mahina mula kay Ulysses na naging dahilan naman para sa kaniya matuon ang lahat ng atensyon namin, maski si Aphrodite na nakasimangot pa rin.

"I'll handle this, Aphro."Ulysses scoffed and face us, before speaking up to continue what Aphrodite was trying to say.

"Tita Avani did mentioned to you that she wanted to all of you act like you don't know anything, right?"He assumed the moment he suddenly reminisced the day when Tita Avani mentioned that.