[Chapter 44: 10 Years Ago]

*Zackyro's Point of View

"Aphrodite was never bound to stay here, Zace."

Agad akong napahawak sa dibdib ko nang makaramdam ako ng kirot nang biglang sumulpot 'yon sa utak ko, na naging dahilan naman para mapaimpit ako sa sakit.

I gradually look at the sky as I calm myself the moment it happened.

It's been an hour ever since I left them there without saying anything. It was an adrenaline rush right after I heard everything from Tita Avani when I left them because questions suddenly poured my head, again.

Was that the reason why she never told me? I mentally scoffed.

Napailing nalang ako nang maisip ko 'yon at pinagpatuloy nalang ang paglalakad dito sa labas ng Alum.

I suddenly stopped out of nowhere when I overview Luxe University from here.

Was that also the reason why she had to pretend as Scar, in the first place? Memories about how we met her started flashing back right inside my mind that made me eventually chuckled silently.

Napabuga naman ako ng hangin nang maisip ko lahat 'yon. I just should get back.

The moment I decided to turn around and face the direction where the Alum is located, I almost stepped backwards when I saw Trixie in front of me, together with Treck, Ulysses and Azraell.

Even with my sister who just gave me a half-smile.

Agad naman akong napaiwas ng tingin nang bigla akong tinaasan ng kilay ni Trixie.

"Do you really want to know why she didn't tell you about leaving?"Bumalik naman agad ang tingin ko sa kanila nang marinig ang sinabi ni Ulysses.

"What?"I didn't know what to say, but they found it as a cue to answer me.

Nagkatinginan naman silang dalawa ni Azraell, habang si Trixie naman ay nakatingin lang sa akin ng diretso.

"She loves you, Zace. Simple as that."I was quite stunned, the moment I heard what he said.

But it somehow made me to furrowed my forehead as I stared back at them.

"You see Zace—"Treck was about to say something to me, but Trixie suddenly interrupted him and approached me with a blank expression plastered on her face.

"Aphro doesn't deserve you."Trixie suddenly blurted out that made me unknowingly clenched my fist.

"Trix, don't be too hard on him."Treck held her shoulder.

Halos mapaatras naman ako nang magsimulang maglakad papalapit sa akin si Trixie.

"You still don't get it? She loves you, Zace. Isn't that hard understand? She had to do it, because—"Trixie was about to finish her words, but my sister suddenly cut her off.

"It's about 10 years ago."Mas lalo namang kumunot ang noo ko nang marinig 'yon sa kapatid ko.

"What about 10 years ago?"I started wandering my eyes the moment I asked Vi regarding to what she said.

Muli naman silang nagkatinginan at sabay na napailing.

"Let's go back."Ulysses said.

"Wait, is this about what happened to Aphrodite?"I suddenly mentioned the incident that happened 10 years ago.

"You'll hear everything, once we get back."Azraell tapped me in the shoulder, as they already started making their ways.