[Chapter 56: Chances of Hope]

*Ulysses's Point of View

Dahan-dahan ko namang sinarado yung pinto nang makapasok ako sa kwarto nina Zace at Aphrodite. Agad namang tumango sa akin sina Hue, Rye at Axe nang makita ako.

I immediately approach them and take a sit beside the bed and stared at the two.

"Did the doctors already checked them out?"I asked as I fixed the temperature that the aircon is giving off.

Napansin ko naman na sandaling sinarado ni Hue yung binabasa niyang libro at agad na tumango bago bigyan ng pansin yung dalawa.

"The doctor said that Zace's condition is already stable, but they still need to continue in checking his vitals to prevent any complications that might happen with his situation. On the other hand, Aphrodite..."

Hue stopped for a moment right after he was about to tell me Aphrodite's condition.

Hindi ko naman agad naiwasan na napabuntong-hininga at titigan si Aphrodite.

Her external scars and bleeding are now quite stable and seemed to be already healed. The only thing that we need to matter right now is her shot from the back that keeps us from feeling relieved about what happened to her.

"...they said that they still need to monitor her and her chances of waking up is still not determined."But, not stable.

"Pati ba naman dito, magkasama sila."Axe suddenly joked around right after Hue said that.

Dahil doon ay agad siyang binatukan ni Rye na naging dahilan naman para mapasimangot siya at sabay din na tinignan ng masama si Rye.

I mentally scoffed as soon as I saw that.

I know Axe was just trying to lightened up the mood after everything that happened from that night. Halos binalot na kasi ng katahimikan ang buong Alum pagkatapos nang nangyari.

It's been quitely rough after knowing that Aphrodite risked herself to save Zace from being shot. Hindi nga namin alam kung anong mangyayari kapag nagising na si Zace at marinig kung ano ang kondisyon ni Aphrodite.

"Wala talagang pinipili 'yang bibig mo."Rye scolded him which made Axe eventually pouted.

His condition is stable so his chance of waking up is much more determined than Aphrodite's.

The cut that Zace's received was kind of deep when he was stabbed, but they already prevented him from losing so much blood when we brought him back.

Other minor hits were also treated immediately when they handled him.

"Any updates?"I changed the topic and asked them regarding about the Onyx.

Nilabas naman agad ni Rye yung iPad at agad na kinalikot kung anong meron. I immediately waited for his answer the moment I saw him tilting his head as he continue scanning.

"Nothing. Their last trace was from the mansion, but they're still tracking them down."Rye explained.

"Crimson and the others are also out there to fasten up things."Dagdag niya na ikinatango ko naman agad.

Right. Crimson and the others directly went help in tracking down the Onyx, despite they just came from a flight from Greece.

Regardless, they make sure that they will come and visit both Zace and Aphrodite at night to check their conditions.

"The mansion is already off-limits for more investigation. In the meantime, her Mom will stay here. Mas mabuti na rin siguro 'yon para mabantayan niya si Aphrodite."Dagdag pa ni Hue na naging dahilan para mapalingon ako sa kaniya.