[Chapter 47: Game's Scheme]

*Axellous's Point of View

"...My father already had something up his sleeve, the moment he knew Mrs. Kan and the others turned their backs from the Alum."

Halos magkatinginan naman kaming lahat pagkatapos naming marinig ang sinabi niya.

"Wait, what do you mean?"Hue suddenly interrupted her and curiously asked her regarding about what she said.

Sumandal naman agad si Aphrodite sa kinauupuan niya nang hindi parin natatanggal yung ngisi sa mukha niya pagkatapos marinig ang tanong sa kaniya ni Hue.

That also made us eventually to look at her as we tilted our heads in confusion.

"Right after they didn't convinced my father, days passed as they continue working inside the Alum like nothing happened."She started to explained more about the incident.

"The ones who already betrayed the Alum even got the urge to helped me with my training so I could use my skills and tested me to see how already improved am I."I suddenly started getting goosebumps the moment we heard her.

"And that's when I entered!"

Lahat naman kami ay napatingin sa may pinto nang marinig naming bumukas 'yon at iniluwa doon si Ulysses na mukhang kakarinig lang ng kung anong sinabi ni Aphrodite sa amin.

"Ulysses?"Rye and Axe called out his name.

"You bet."Ulysses winked at me. Lumihis naman ang atensyon niya kay Aphrodite na ngayon ay napapailing sa naging asal niya.

"What does Ulysses had to do with the incident?"Levi suddenly asked and pointed out Ulysses who went towards Rye is and sat beside him.

"You see, Ulysses is one hell of a reckless guy."Aphrodite seemed to praise Ulysses that made him to act like he's overwhelmed or something.

"My father talked with Ulysses to act like he's one of them because of that. By means of being one of them, unfortunately as it is, he had to left the Alum, as well."Aphrodite explained to us about Ulysses.

I suddenly look at the latter and I immediately saw how he smirks at us. Hindi ko naman napigilan na mapataas ng kilay nang mapagtantuan ko ang gusto niyang ipahiwatig.

"To the point you had to ambused Vi's party, and my party?"I blunted out that made him quickly to snapped his finger in the air.

"You got that correct. But hey, I didn't kill you, right?"Ulysses grinned.

Halos mapairap naman ako nang sabihin niya 'yon. Right.

"Was that because you already knew everything beforehand?"Vann assumed that made us all look  at him.

"Point one for you."Ulysses winked at Vann and unknowingly messed up with his hair.

"So, you've been spying Onyx?"I assumed. He quickly clicked his tongue as he answered me that I'm correct.

"One thing why Alum knows what to do next, despite knowing everything was because Ulysses has been giving us alert infos since he's acting like he's one of them."Aphrodite butted in.

"Until they finally abducted you, and used you as baits against Aphrodite. That's also how you met me, personally."Dagdag pa ni Ulysses at pinaliwanag yung nangyari noon.

"That was also the day how you knew Aphrodite's true identity. Right, gal?"Ulysses shrugged and lie down beside Rye as he called out Aphrodite.

The latter on the other hand just smirked and nodded at him.

"Right after that moment, I'm finally back at the Alum."Ulysses suddenly rejoiced to the point he even raised up his hands to the air.

"Because?"Levi and Vann curiously asked.

Sandali namang napatingin sa kanila si Ulysses bago ilihis ang buong atensyon kay Aphrodite na ngayon ay nakatingin din sa kanila.

"It's part of what my father told him."Aphrodite shrugged.

"Her father knew all along that the 4 of you are going to be one of us, since you're families are all working under the Alum."Nakisabat ulit si Ulysses.

"He knew that the ones who betrayed the Alum would be targeting each and one of you, since you're all reigning heirs."Dagdag niya pa habang inaayos yung buhok niya at ngumisi.

"My father planned everything thoroughly, after he heard what they were trying to do. He knew that Mrs. Kan would do something like this, that's also why he tried predicting and calculating her moves."Aphrodite briefly explained as she look at us with her cold eyes.

Halos magkatinginan naman kaming lahat dahil hindi namin alam kung anong sasabihin sa lahat ng nalalaman namin mula sa kanilang dalawa ni Ulysses.

"Your father did risked his life."Zace unconsciously said his thought out loud while looking at nowhere.

Dahil naman doon ay halos tumawa ng mahina si Aphrodite na naging dahilan naman para kumunot ang mga noo namin sa naging reaksyon niya.

"He really did, to the point he even left me with the game he started."Mas lalo namang kumunot ang noo namin.

Aphrodite suddenly reached out her pocket and get something from it. Napansin ko naman na halos matulala si Zace nang makita yung papel na 'yon.

"It's the same paper that I saw beneath the display case."He unknowingly blurted out.

On Aphrodite's hand is almost a crumpled paper and definitely seemed to be old already as she pulled it out.

"But this one is the real message, Zack."Sambit niya agad kay Zace nang marinig ang sinabi niya tungkol doon sa papel.

"Because my father gave this to me, 10 years ago."Aphrodite suddenly said next as she opened it up.

"Then what does it says?"Levi curiously asked.

Aphrodite suddenly plastered a smirk on her face the moment her eyes wandered on the paper. Hinawakan niya naman 'yon ng mabuti at sabay na inilipag sa lamesa na nasa harapan namin.

"It's written in greek language."Hue suddenly held the paper and look at Aphrodite.

"Play along with the queen, Aphrodite. No one should have ever messed with a goddess."

Aphrodite blurted out the words who seemed to be written on the paper. Halos manlaki naman ang mga mata ko nang makuha ko kaagad yung gustong iparating sa amin nung sinulat ng tatay niya.

"Wait, don't tell me?"Rye exchanged looks between the paper and Aphrodite.

Meanwhile, Zace is getting all things sink in his head. Ako naman ay nagdadalawang isip kung sasabihin ko ba sa kanila yung napagtantuan ko nang marinig namin ang sinabi ni Aphrodite tungkol doon sa nakasulat sa papel.

"Axe?"She seemed to notice me. I gradually scratched the back of my neck, before speaking up.

"Instead of getting revenge as soon as the incident happened, your father gave you that letter because he knew what would happen next."I began stating what I think of the letter.

"So?"Aphrodite suddenly flashed a grin towards me.

"You've been playing along with them, while beating them in their own game."

Doon na mas lalo lumaki yung ngiting nakakaloko ni Aphrodite nang marinig niya ang sinabi ko.

* * *