[Chapter 20: The Unraveling]

*Zackyro's Point of View

Finally, some action.

I immediately get my combat knife hidden in my back and didn't have the second thought to throw it swiftly towards the other direction, letting it hit one bastard coming towards me.

Tinigan ko naman ng diretso ang lalaking 'yon at pinanuod kung paano siya bumulagta sa harapan kong duguan. Tsk. Pinaikot ko naman agad ang isa ko pang combat knife sa daliri ko, bago sandaling ilihis ang atensyon ko sa kanila Margauxe na ngayon ay halos napagitla sa mga nangyayari.

Mrs. Laurent, on the other hand immediately managed to handle the situation and plastered a grin on her face.

Mas lalo lang naman akong napangisi nang makita ko ang reaksyon niya.

Now that's expecting.

"Who are these guys?"Axe suddenly asked that to me the moment he approached me and back me up with these bastards.

I didn't immediately hesitate to did a roundhouse kick after I saw someone coming over us. I eventually felt the ground the moment I landed.

"Talk later, Axe."I bluntly said, instead of answering his question. It made me think. I just felt their presences awhile ago, despite knowing that these guys are not really familiar to us.

I also already did a quick searched on their suits, expecting it's a distraction once again made by Tita Avani. However, all I see was a greek symbol which I somehow thought came from the Alum. But as I look closely, the details and the way it is being embroidered within their wardrobe are much different from ours.

I just mentally hissed and continue finishing off these bastards.

"Are my men too many to handle?"Saglit naman akong napatigil at agad napalihis ang atensyon ko papunta kay Mrs. Laurent na mukhang nasisiyahan sa nangyayari.

But her victorious smile faded as I smirked back. Yeah, but sorry.

Agad ko namang nilibot ang paningin ko at halos napapalibutan parin nila kami. They're quite many as fuck, but I'm sure we will all take them down, eventually. The only thing that we know for sure right now is that these men surrounding us are clearly with the both of them.

Why are they together, anyway? This is the second time that we've seen these two being together at the same time and at the same place.

And fascinating as it is to think about, maybe these two somewhat have a connection and a deal with each other.

"Tsk."I hissed once more after continuously taking down another after another.

But I suddenly furrowed my forehead the moment I saw Mrs. Laurent went on phone with someone. It made me quickly to approach her but Margauxe immediately blocked the way and attack me. Halos napatalon naman ako papalayo nang mangyari 'yon.

"Sorry babe, but I don't want anyone disturbing my Mom."I was quite stuck for a moment after hearing what she said. Mom?

Mabilisan naman akong tumakbo papalapit sa kaniya nang hindi ko muna binigyan pansin ang sinabi niya sa akin. She's expecting me to directly attack her, but I saw how her expression changed the moment I jump and landed behind.

"First of all, I don't care. Second, don't call me babe 'cause I'm not a pig."I eventually watched her knelt down as I gave her a hit on the back.

"Argh..."

"Third, don't let your guard down."I frankly tease her with a smile and didn't hesitate to kick her off my way. But I stopped from walking away when I saw how she gradually stood up enduring what I did to her and gave me a smirk.

No wonder Aphrodite loathe you.

Tinaasan ko naman siya ng kilay nang balak niya na sanang umatake nang bigla siyang tawagin ng nanay niya.

"Margauxe, that can wait. We need to go back."Mas lalo ko lang silang tinaasan ng kilay nang marinig ang sinabi ni Mrs. Laurent. 

Unfortunately, it was the last thing that she said before running off right in front of me and left us here with their men who are all actually unconscious or maybe dead.

Back? Halos mandilim naman ang paningin ko.

"Alum, now."I nonchalantly said.

* * *

Agad na nagsitigilan lahat ng mga nakakasalubong namin at sandaling yumuko para magbigay ng daan para sa aming apat nang makarating kami ng Alum. The others already heard about us and they're the first ones who welcomed us right from the doric column and entered altogether, eventually.

Walang pasintabi na pumasok kami sa control room kung nasaan si Tita na ngayon ay pinapanuod yung nangyari kanina.

She immediately turned around when she seemed to sense us inside.

"Looks like it can't wait, after all."Tumigil naman kami sa harapan niya at hinintay ang gusto niyang sabihin.

Muli naman siyang tumingin doon sa screen kung saan naka-display na yung personal information ni Margauxe, bago ilihis pabalik ang atensyon niya sa amin.

"You already know her, right?"We immediately nodded as we heard what she said.

"But there's still something I want you to know."Mas lalong lumalim ang tingin niya sa amin at mas lalo ring sumeryoso ang boses niya.

"She's not just Margauxe Amaya Venice Kan."

Because of that, we couldn't help but to look at each other while waiting for what's next.

She immediately handled us a similar secured folder like the ones from the university, but with different details and eventually let us opened it.

"She's the daughter of the well-known strict professor Vidia Amanda Jade Laurent."

"Wait, she's her mother? Then why the hell her surname is Kan and not Laurent?"

It's somehow complicated, but I think I'm getting the idea. Muli ko namang pinasadahan ng tingin yung folder na binigay sa akin ni Tita Avani. But something from it caught my attention. I almost can't help but to quickly gaze back my attention towards Tita Avani who's still currently talking.

"Because their surnames are really Kans and not Laurents. Vidia just registered her maiden name because it is who she is before getting married to the Kans."

"Why?"Doon naman na ako pinansin ni Tita Avani at sabay na tumango.

"10 years ago, the Laurents were a part of the Alum."

An ambiance surrounded us the moment she confirmed the thing that I saw within the folder. Part? 10 years ago?

* * *