41 (Edited)

IVY'S POV
It was the next morning and Axel an I had gotten up at 8 to get ready, we both needed to get showers.

After we had taken our showers and gotten ready, we got in the car. We both didn't feel like making something for breakfast, so we decided to stop at sonic. 

After we got our food, we headed to the hospital. It was close to 10 and even though it hadn't been that long, I couldn't wait to see Morgan.

We found a parking spot and headed up to the nicu, we washed our hands before walking in. The nurses smiling and greeting us.

I had set my food and bag down before going over to her crib, I was going to pick her up when I saw her onesie.

"Will you marry my daddy?" It said and I gasped, I spun around to look at Axel and he was down on one knee with a ring in his hand.

My hands flew up to my face and I started crying.

"Doll, this has been the most craziest 11 months of my life. You've given me a beautiful little girl, and I'm so glad you've given me the chance to go on this journey with you. And I hope this journey will continue, so doll will please do me the honors and make the happiest man and marry me?" He asked and I didn't know what to do with myself other than throw myself at him.

"So is this a yes?" He asked as his arms wrapped around me.

All I could do was nod my head.

We pulled pulled apart and he placed the ring on my finger and I heard clapping around us and looked up and realized we were still in the nicu.

"Congratulations you guys!" Our nurse said coming over to us.
"Thank you so much," I said giving her a hug.

I finally picked Morgan up, who looked bigger by the minute.

I sat down with Morgan, and got a swaddled and draped it over us so I could feed her. They were feeding her formula and my milk here, but they promised for the time that I was with her she would strictly get my milk only.

"How long had you been planning to do this?" I asked him.
"For the last few months but I knew after everything happened that I needed you to be my wife," He said and I swear postpartum hormones are a bitch.

Once Morgan was done eating, I made sure I was covered before I started burping her.

"You wanna hold her?" I asked and he nodded, I handed her to him when the nurse came over.

"Did she eat well?" She asked me.
"Yeah she did good," I said.
"She's gained three ounces since yesterday, so that means she's been able to double her weight since she was born. So if she keeps this up, she should be able to go home by the end of this week," She said and my eyes widen.
"Really?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"Look at you! You're doing so good baby," I said to her and kissed her forehead.

We stayed until about four, we would've stayed longer but Axel said his parents wanted us over for dinner.

We got to his parents house, and as usual we just walked in.

"Hi sweetie," Matthew said bringing me for a hug.
"Hey Matt how are you?" I asked him.
"I'm good dear, you feeling okay?" He asked me and I smiled and said yes.

"How's miss Morgan doing?" Josie asked me.
"Our nurse said she's gained three ounces since yesterday, so that means she was able to double her weight since she was born. And she said if she keeps it up we should be able to take her home by the end of the week," I explained and both her and Matthew had large smiles on their faces.

I was talking with Matthew when I heard Josie gasp.

"You finally proposed?!" She asked coming over to me and picking up my hand.
"He proposed to me at the hospital today," I told her.
"I can't wait to have you apart of the family officially," She said and for the first time, I thought my parents aren't going to be at my wedding.

"I can't wait either, you guys have been so good to me," I said.

His parents were in the dining room setting things up, so it was just Axel an I in the kitchen.

"Who's gonna walk me down the aisle at the wedding?" I asked him quietly.
"Maybe Arlo could?" He suggested but I shook my head.
"No I've always wanted her to be my maid of honor," I said.
"Ask my dad to walk you," He said casual.
"Are you serious? That wouldn't be weird for you?" I asked him and he shook his head.
"He already sees you as a daughter, I know he would love the honor of walking you down the aisle," He said.
"Should I ask him at dinner?" I asked.
"If you want too," He said shrugging his shoulder.

We walked into the dining room and sat down, we started eating and just having causal conversation.

I cleared my throat before I started talking. "Matthew I wanted to ask you something, I completely understand if you wouldn't want too though," I said.

"Well ask me and I'll go from there, how about that?" He asked I nodded my head.
"How would you like to walk me down the aisle? When Axel an I get married," I asked and I saw his eyes glaze over with tears.

He stood up from his chair and gestured for me to do the same, and when I did he brought me into the biggest hug.

"I would be absolutely honored to walk you down the aisle, thank you for asking me. It honestly means so much to me," He said wiping underneath his eyes.

He kissed my forehead and we both sat back down.

We finished dinner and Axel an I headed back to our house.

We got laundry from downstairs and brought it upstairs to the bedroom with us.

We started folding it as we talked wedding stuff.

"I don't know if you'd go for it, but how would you feel about having the ceremony in the backyard? It's big enough and it's only going to be like two handfuls of people," I suggested.

"Thats fine with me, I've never wanted something crazy anyways," He said and I agreed.

We finished laundry, and then changed before getting in bed. We just watched tv since it wasn't too late.
...............................................................
A/N: Axel finally proposed! Axel's dad is going to walk Ivy down the aisle, which I'm not gonna lie that part made me tear up a bit.

But I hope you guys enjoyed!

Comment&Vote.

Love you guys!❤️