42 (Edited)

IVY'S POV
It's now been two weeks since Morgan's been born, we weren't allowed home as we had hoped. As Morgan wasn't gaining like she was beforehand.

But we're hoping she'll be able too pretty soon, hopefully before the weekend because that's Axel's and I's one year.

We'd gotten a late start to getting to the nicu, by the time we'd made it there it was almost 12.

But once we did, we went up to the nicu. And did the typical routine of washing our hands.

And when we walked in, I could've cried from happiness. Oh please let's face it I totally did.

A banner was hanging above Morgan's crib that said. "I can go home today,"

"She's really okay to go home?" I asked my nurse.
"She really is, this trooper is almost 6 pounds. Her lungs are great, she doesn't need to be here a minute longer," She said.

"I'll go get the car seat," Axel said kissing my head.

I picked her up from the crib and bounced her around, it was so nice to hold her and her not be covered in cords.

"You get to go home today," I sang to her.

"I just need you to sign these papers," She said and nodded my head.

I signed the papers happily.

"Thank you guys for taking care of our baby, we are forever indebted to you guys," I said to the main nurses that had been giving Morgan around the clock care.

"You are so very welcome," One of them said and I went and gave all of them hugs.

Axel had walked in with and car seat, and I let him put her in because I know he's always wanted to that part.

We had said our goodbyes to our amazing nurses as we walked out.

We got to our car and Axel made sure she was secure, and then he'd gotten in the driver seat while I had gotten in the backseat with her.

"You think once we've settled we could invite everyone over?" I asked.
"Yeah, and if not tonight then tomorrow for sure," He said and I just nodded my head.

We got to the house and Axel came to backseat and took her off the base before lifting her up.

I got out and I unlocked the door and walked into the house with Axel behind me.

Axel placed her on the dining room table and I told him I wanted to take her out.

I unbuckled her and lifted her making her curl into a ball.

"Ohhh, you are perfect," I cooed as I brought her to my chest.

I look at the time and knew she would be getting hungry soon.

"I need to feed her," I said to Axel.
"Okay, I'll go get the support pillow from her room," He said walking out the kitchen.

I smiled and walked into the living room and sat on the couch and turned the tv on, she was starting to make fussy sounds so I knew was getting hungry.

"I know love, daddy's coming and you'll get a full little belly soon," I said rubbing her head to soothe her.

Axel came down and handed me the pillow and then sat next to me.

I pulled my shirt and bra down, now that I don't have to cover up. I brought her up to me and she latched right away.

"We're gonna have a chunky girl if she keeps eating like that," Axel chuckled as he played with the little bit of hair she had.

"I know, but just think of her having chunky cheeks," I gushed as I touched her cheek while she ate.

"Can you go get the breast pump off the counter in the kitchen? I need to pump after this cause I know she won't eat on the other side," I asked him and he immediately got of the couch.

He came back and sat it on the coffee table.

"Thank you love," I smiled.
He smiled back as he sat down. "You're welcome doll," He kissed my cheek.

She finished eating about ten minutes later, so I covered myself up.

"You wanna burp her? So I can pump," I said and he took her from me.

I grabbed the pump, and since she'd eaten on the right side I pumped the left side first.

I was able to get five ounces from the left side and three from the right, which I was pretty proud of.

He'd finished burping her so he put her in her swing that we had setup in the living room, and then we cuddle up on the couch.

"I finally feel complete, we finally have our girl home and I couldn't be happier," I said to Axel.
"And now I just need to give you my last name," He said and even though I knew we were getting married, hell he gave me a ring but hearing him say that made me feel so loved and wanted.

"I can't wait to take your last name," I said as I looked up at him.

He leaned down and pressed his lips onto mine, and I felt like I could've melted from how soft it was.

"I love you," I breathed out.
"I love you too doll," He said.
...............................................................
A/N: Morgan's finally home! I really wanted to speed things up and I wanted her home.

Just a heads up, the next few chapters will be based around them doing wedding planning.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed!

Comment&Vote.

Love you guys!❤️