Introducing Radhika

Disclaimer

Hey Guys!!

First I would like to thank you all for giving a chance to my debut story "Agreement Marriage".

This is my very first story so kindly excuse me for any grammatical or other errors.

All the characters and the whole story was completely fictional, if it resembles any person or scenarios it would be a coincidence.

Here I had added few dark scenes to make the story interesting. Again I'm saying here I'm not supporting any sort of physical abuses and violence. Please don't take it personally, just consider as a story.

Any sort of copying the story, scanning or publishing the story without my knowledge is a kind of theft. Kindly don't do that.

Story Name : Agreement Marriage,
Copyrights @ Meenakshi Jothi, 2020.

With Sincere Thanks
Meenakshi Jothi.

************************************

Chapter 1

Ting Ding... Ting Ding...
( Alarm Beeps )

Mobile alarm alerts me it's time to get up. I switched off the alarm and rubbed my eyes to get clear vision and then checked my mobile. The clock indicates it's almost 6 o'clock, so I got up from the bed and went inside the washroom to finish my routine. I have a habit of doing yoga everyday so, as usual I completed it and went inside the washroom to get a bath. Soon after the bath,  like any other day I completed the morning pooja and walked inside the kitchen.

"Good morning Appa (father) ",  Radhika said with a smile.

"Good morning Radhi '', he acknowledged with a pleasant smile.

Already he finished half of the work so it was easy for me to finish the remaining work. Today is Friday so as usual we will make drumsticks, sambar, and potato fry with pappadam. We both continued cooking. My family is a nuclear family with four members and we hail from a middle class background. Now let me introduce them all to you.

I'm Radhika Narayanan, 23 years old and working as a software engineer. Here is my father Narayanan, who is a government officer. Next my little brother, Varun, he is studying third year engineering in a reputed institution. He left early in the morning with bread and tea as a breakfast just because his college is so far from  our home. From our house it will take at least two hours to reach his college, so daily he takes the college bus. Everyday usually he leaves with his breakfast and he used to have lunch in their college canteen.

Sssssssss.....

........ Cooker whistles. I switched off the stove and cleaned up the kitchen.
Finally I finished cooking, now I have to pack the food and I need to get ready to go to my office, already I'm running late. My team leader is very strict, he won't encourage latecomers, of course it reflects in our appraisal. So I really need to rush.

Before going to the office I have to check on my mother, Lakshmi... it's one of my daily routines. Whenever I think about her I'm getting a painful smile nowadays... It was all my mistake, only mine, a sad smile crawled in my lips.

Hiding my pain I went ahead to her bedroom energetically.
"Amma.. Amma... (mother)", I said a bit louder.  She opened her eyes and looked at me with a pleasant smile.

"Good morning Amma.. how do you feel..", I asked her, caressing her forehead.

"Good morning Radhi... yeah I'm feeling better", she said and smiled back. Her innocent smile is my daily booster, I pressed my lips on her forehead and kissed her gently, her smile elongated between her two ears.

Later I gave her a hug and went to take a new saree with other garments for her with towel from the wardrobe and then I asked her,
"Amma, can I take you for a bath? Are you ready??", She nodded her head with usual smile.
Slowly I took her to bathroom with a help of wheelchair and gave bath to her. After that I dried up her body and then dressed up her tidy.

Throughout this time she didn't speak a word simply glared at me with a faint smile, but a pain behind that smile... I could feel it. I know what is running in her mind now, she might be thinking about that painful day. This is what happening in the last six months, how far we tried we can't make our mother out of that horrible accident. After that deadly accident, our lives turned upside down, it made my mom completely bedridden. She became dependent on others even to drink some water.

No... no... no Radhika,  don't think about that day, now nothing's gonna change even if I cry over it again and again. Radhika, you have to be strong, I said to myself and finished combing her hair, tied it together. If my Amma knows I'm hurt seeing her like this, she will also get hurt and worry for me, so I don't want to give her a chance for that.

I said "Amma it's over" I made her lay down on the bed carefully then, I said
"Amma... It's done, now have your breakfast and then take your routine tablets, Amma please don't forget. I will call Appa to take care of you", I pecked a kiss on her forehead before I left that room. She too kissed me back and caressed my face with lots of love.

My eyes filled with tears at the pain of guilt, soon I moved away from that room hiding my tears.
"Appa... appa ...", I called him louder. He replied , "yes ma tell" .

"Appa gives breakfast to Amma and then her medicines, I will get ready. I'm getting late for the office" I said to him.

He said "ok ma I will take care of him, I have more time to carry on. Also Shanthi's sister will be coming here sometimes, so don't worry she will take care of Amma". I nodded my head and left the place. After an accident Amma always needs someone to help her with everything. She can't walk or do anything on her own, so we decided to hire a caretaker  for her to look after her  from morning to evening,  till someone comes back home after work.

Most of the time Varun comes before us, so he takes care of Amma.
After completing my regular work, I went into my bedroom and I dressed up to goto my office,I wore cotton yellow tops and pink leggings with a shawl. I tied my whole hair in a long ponytail,  and just applied sunscreen with kajal and  lip gloss. I felt content seeing my reflection in the mirror, I never do over make up I always believe in simplicity.

That was the main reason he fell for me, often he said when we were together. A drop of tears peeped out of my eyes without my conscience. My thoughts went somewhere...
Uffff .....no Radhika please don't think about that bitter past, it was over I said to myself and wiped away my tears.

I finished packing my office bag, lunch box and said bye to my parents.  With a heavy heart I stepped out of my house to face my destiny which I had never thought of. I never knew that this day would change my life completely.
So what was that written in her destiny??

Let's see...

To be continued....

----------------------------------------------------

Hi guys I hope you enjoyed this first chapter. This is my first story, so please excuse any mistakes. More interesting chapters were awaiting for you. Please support me with your votes and valuable comments. As an author it means a lot to me.

Thank you
Stay safe
Meenakshi Jothi