Broken Love

A week passed after I spoke with Mr. Arjun, and there was certainly no problem in continuing my job here. I thought he would trouble me somehow for refusing his proposal, but he didn't do such acts. Ignoring all these recent happenings, I was doing my routine office work asusual. I never thought Mr.Arjun would allow me to resume my work afterall what happened between us.

After that incident I met him once in a lobby when I was waiting for a lift. Our eyes met, he looked at me for a few, only for a few seconds then instantly his gaze shifted away from me. Within a few seconds he behaved like he never knew me, I existed in this world. I wondered but, I decided to remain silent, after all he is not bothering me anymore. I shouldn't do research about his weird behavior.

But after that strange proposal, I was completely disturbed thinking about my break-up a year ago. I was upset that someone knew about my personal life and the pain I endured. I maintained it secretly, even though my parents never knew that I was in love with someone and had a painful break-up. Only my childhood friend Sameera knew all this, because she was the only one who met Ashok.
Yes his name is Ashok...
Even now I can't forget his fraudulence and betrayal. I'm literally worried whether I will be able to completely forget his cheating and move on in future.

A couple of years ago after I completed my graduation and started to work for a reputed MNC in a city. Everything was perfect for me until I met that bullshit. Ashok, was one of my seniors in that corporation. We both worked on different projects. One of my colleagues introduced us, I spoke with him casually.

It was not love at first sight for me, but he said he fell for me, the moment he saw me during the interview. He was the one who approached me first and proposed after two months of our friendship. I denied it straight away by saying I didn't have such feelings for him, he said he can wait for me until I love him. I was perplexed, days turned into months but he was adamant in getting my love.
I didn't accept him initially but slowly I agreed by seeing his effort to convince me. I was also happy when someone started to value me takes care of me more than himself. We never had a fight like normal couples. He used to give up when we had any arguments. Sometimes I wondered why he was so nice to me?? But later I understood it was all his tricks that made me fall for him. He tried all the possible ways to impress me.

Everything was fine between us for the next six months, we turned into a lovely couple. I was dreaming and expecting a happy future with him.
But things turned ugly, he got his visa approval for on-site. I was also happy that finally he was going to achieve his longtime dream of being on-site. Many times he said he wants to go onsite and settle well in the future.
Happily I joined him shopping and other procedures. Finally I gave him a warm send off with his promise of marrying me by next year. I suggested him to talk to our parents regarding our marriage, but he said he needs some time to settle which I also eventually agreed.

Everyday we had casual talks and soon he left on-site. After two months slowly he started to ignore my calls and messages, hardly he spent time with me. I was confused about his behaviour. When I questioned him about this, he said he was struck with his heavy work burden. Though I didn't give up my faith in him I started to wait for him impatiently, days passed but he didn't turn up.

All of a sudden I was shocked to know that he was dating another girl for quite some time through one of his friends. So this was the reason behind his ignorance. Immediately I confronted him but very casually he said he is in love with another girl and asked me to forget him. I was shattered. He said I'm not worthy for him by showing my family financial status. And he said he can't marry a girl from a normal family because he is no longer a middle class man now, I was stunned at his ugly mind .
He added that the girl, who he is dating now is from a rich family she will suit him in every way. so he is interested in marrying her, he said mercilessly. What a shit, I felt.

Finally he put all the blame on me to hide his greed. There I was done with him and decided to disconnect his contact forever. I thrashed him finally and cut up all the ties with him. Later I decided to throw away all the trash about him from my mind. So I quit the job and joined the AR group of companies. But the cheat and insult he gave me remains as a scar in my heart. Soon I decided not to trust anyone for marriage. I gave up all my hopes and I was completely scared about being in a relationship. I'm always putting in my endless effort to forget this bitter past, but this arrogant chairman once again pushed me to remember it all.

By breaking all my thoughts my phone rang suddenly

Tring... Tring... Tring ... Tring...

I'm getting a call from Shanthi, my mom's caretaker. So, why is she calling me now? It is only late afternoon and I still have time to return home. Anxiously I picked her call. After hearing her my eyes filled with tears and my voice trembled, slowly my mobile fell from my hand and I got dizzy.

So what was the shocking news from Shanthi??

Any guesses??

To be continued….

*********************************

Hey Guys!!
I'm so glad that you all like my work and supporting my story. If you are really impressed kindly share your votes and comments with it. Really it means a lot to me.

Thank you!!