Reason behind the marriage

" Because my grandmother wants to see my marriage," said Arjun, breaking his silence. Then he fully narrated his side story for this contract marriage.

He said that he needs to get married immediately to get saved from his grandmother , who is badly pushing him to get married. She pestered him for almost a year even though he was not interested, all of a sudden she started to blackmail him that he needs to get married within a couple of months or else she will name all the properties for their trust and she will go on a hunger strike until she dies. I was speechless when he completed it. Will anyone go-to this extent?? for this silly marriage reason??

He said, "Yes she will do whatever she says, if I fail to marry within two months". I was nervous to think that he is getting all the answers he needs from my facial reactions even though I stand mum. 

How is this fellow able to read my mind??? I have to seriously control my emotions, especially in-front of him. But still I'm unable to understand anything from his stone face.

Again the same question I asked him "Why did you choose me?"

He shrugged his shoulder casually and said "Because you need money for your mother's treatment which you cant afford and the more important reason is I know that you are also not interested in marriage and never believe in love after your painful breakup a year ago ", I was astonished hearing his predictions about my wedding.

Goddamned!! He knew everything about my personal life and even about my breakup. He is way more dangerous than I expected.

I exclaimed how did you know all this?

He gave me a simple reply " Do you think I'm a moron to marry you without checking your background?" with a mysterious smile. My face turned into red after hearing him, how dumb I'm? I shouldn't have asked this question to him. After all he is such a big shot in this city he can get any information he want also I'm his employee no wonder he knew the details about me,how did I forget that? silly girl I scolded myself.

He continued to say " After getting your personal details I concluded that you will suit my condition, that you will not try to do any love magic on me which I hate to any extent. So, If you are interested we will get married legally and will continue our namesake relationship for next two years after which we will get a divorce and part ways. You will get the money and I will get my freedom. For this marriage of convenience I will pay you one crore so, you can afford your mother's treatment".

After a pause he signed and asked

"Is this information enough ?"

"Have you decided about marriage?" "Are you ready? " he grilled me with his questions. 

Now it's my turn I decided what I should tell him and I never mind how he would react. I'm not scared. 

I said sharply " Sir I'm not ready for this convenient Marriage. I don't wish to marry you even though for name sake, yes I agree I need money but for that I'm not going to sell myself in this strange marriage deal. I will take care of my mom and thanks for your concern" I said sarcastically.

He gave me a strange look in that I understood he didn't expect that I would refuse to marry him.

He asked me " are you sure? It's a kind of promotion for you with a very good package. You will be my wife and enjoy those benefits for the next two years". 

I said "Sorry Sir, I'm no more interested in your deal and your so-called wife benefits. If you are going to throw me out of my job for denying your proposal I'm ready for that too" I said firmly.

His eyebrows raised up in surprise only for a few seconds then he again seemed to be normal like nothing had affected him. I am amused whether he reacted or not. 

He said " You can continue your work, now you may go-to your seat". By telling this he went into his laptop, it was like the conversation was over. So I left the room immediately and I felt a sigh of relief that everything is over.

********************************************

We already knew about Radhika and her family, now let's get to know about Arjun.

Arjun Ram, a young business tycoon of the city.He is a chairperson of AR group of companies. He is a younger son of Mr.Ram kumar family, also he have an elder sister named Sarika. Everything was happy going until his parents ended up in a fatal accident.He lost his parents in that accident when he was just 16 and his sister was 20. Soon after this his grandmother 

Mrs. Leelavathi took in-charge of their business and family with the help of his maternal uncle Mr. Chandra sekar. Arjun is always close to his uncle after his parents demise he treated him with respect and love.

Years passed and Sarika got married to a businessman of the family's choice and settled in foreign. After completing his post graduation Arjun started to take care of his family business. A year ago his grandmother had fallen sick, from that time on-wards she was pestering Arjun to get him married. She started to see some suitable matches for him,but he is no more interested in marriage because of his dark past.

Yeah Arjun is a man with some secrets and a dark past which is completely unknown to his family. He has some strong reasons to turn down his own wedding. So what is his secret???

Long back I decided a wedding is not my cup of tea. Once my grandmother fixed a deadline for my wedding I was completely clueless to tackle her. If I didn't listen to her definitely she won't spare me then I will be screwed. I was thinking of some way to make her quiet. 

Almost after two weeks of my grandma's confrontation I got to know about Radhika in my office premises when she was yelling at a man who proposed to her for marriage.I was astounded, because he was one among my company heads, the most eligible bachelor in my office. He was on his knees to convince her but she didn't pay even the least attention. Strangely she was also not interested in marriage and not ready to trust any man to give her hand in marriage. I want to know the reason behind her act, so immediately I asked my trusted employee to verify her background.I was quiet convinced about her actions and came to know about her mother's condition and her money issues. Then I had an idea to make her my temporary bride in a marriage of convenience and to get rid of my problems. In a way I decided to talk to her and so on.

After Radhika left my room ignoring my proposal I was shocked, I never thought she would reject my proposal. In-spite of the need for money she refused to marry me. The offer I gave her was not simple. She should have felt great to be my wife at-least for two years and getting highly paid for that. But this silly girl crushed everything due to her arrogance. She was even ready to slap me and behaved unpleasantly. But one-thing I understood is that she is not a gold digger and she hates to be in a romantic relationship with anyone. 

Forgetting her completely, now I need to seriously find some other solution for my problem. I'm running short of time.

Will he be able to find another girl???

To be continued….

But do you think Is there everything over between Arjun and Radhika??? No it has just started now. We will wait and see how they progress...

To be continued....
-------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys!!

I hope you all like this chapter if you are impressed with my work please never mind to post your comments and share your votes.

Your support is the most important thing for me to write further and entertain you. I believe you will continue to encourage me with your votes and comments.

Thank you
Stay safe
Meenakshi Jothi