First meeting

Sharp by 9 o'clock I entered my office only to face the unexpected turn of my life!!!

My office is just half an hour away from my home. Everyday I use my scooter to avoid crowds and to be on time to the office. Today also the same happened as usual. I entered on time, entered my entry in biometrics and went to my place, then I logged into my desktop and started to prepare myself for the team meeting. I'm working in a production based company which has its own IT department where I'm also one among them. I joined this office a year ago, so right now I'm comfortable in my workplace and routine work. I didn't speak much after some bitter incidents but I have only one friend here, she is Swathi.

Ignoring other things, I was indulged in my daily work. My work is the only medicine to soothe my heart ache, I love my work so I can divert my mind for a while when I started to  focus only on it. 

Like any regular day, I was preparing to send a letter to my team manager. Breaking my thoughts, suddenly I got a call on my mobile.

Tring Tring...

Tring Tring…

It is from my senior official

" Hello....Yes sir", I said politely.

"Hello....Radhika you have to meet our company Chairman immediately", he said sternly. I was damn shocked!!

What Chairman??? Why did he call me?? I'm a normal employee here, why would he want to meet me?? Actually I wondered how he knew my name in person?? I got confused as well as scared.

Everyone in the office is scared to meet him. Of course he is a ruthless and arrogant businessman who manages almost all kinds of business. He is one among the top business men. Recently he received an young entrepreneur award for successfully running his business. Now you may know why he is so arrogant??

Now once again my senior manager cleared his throat and called my name by losing his patience.

"Radhika can you hear me??", He shouted impatiently. By that time only I came to my senses.

"Yes sir, yes sir, I can hear you... but sir may I know for what reason I need to meet him?? Any problems??" I stammered and asked him politely.

"How come I know?? Maybe you made a mistake, so better go and meet him. Then you will know it by yourself", he said annoyed and the call was disconnected. He is always like that and never speaks politely so I didn't take his words seriously and hung up the call and got confused. 

Now there is no way to run away or escape, I have to meet him now. I started to shiver... then I asked myself, why do I fear him?? 

"I didn't make any mistakes in my work so, no need to panic, let me go and see what he says " I said to myself. 

But, what if I made any mistakes unknowingly, after all I need this job badly so that I can help my father with my mother's medical expenses. Nowadays her medical expenses are going beyond our budget, everything is getting into my head, while I started to walk towards his room.

Slowly I went to the floor through the lift where his room was located. And gaining all my strength I went near his office room door, it was written as Chairman.

Knock...knock... I knocked the door and asked politely,

 "Excuses me Sir...May I come in"

"Yes come in" a stern voice came from the room. I don't know why I felt such?? but suddenly I started to feel like I'm going into a lion's cage with lots of fear and sweat on my face.

I entered and I saw a man who was tall and handsome with dusky skin with a rigid face. There were no symptoms of a smile in his face for a long time. His nose was sharp, his long jawline looked stern , his eyes had dark circles, a knot between his eyebrows. He looked like he hadn't slept well for years, maybe who knows he really worked hard. That's why he received so many awards in this young age and achieved a lot. He seems to be a very tough person in real life, none can understand what he is upto??

Wait...Wait...Why am I observing him like this? I asked myself, then changed my attention to the name board in front of him which is clearly written as Mr.Arjun Ram.

"Good morning!! sir ", I said softly, gaining all my energy.

With his head up slightly he nodded and said "Good morning". But again he looked at his laptop and continued doing his work like there was nothing to talk about. After that he didn't look at me, I felt like I'm standing alone in this room. There was absolute silence, he was checking some files and laptop, he didn't even bother about my presence. I got irked with his attitude.

I was standing there for the last 10 minutes but it felt like two hours. Strangely he didn't pay attention to me yet, I was cursing him in my mind for his arrogant attitude. After sometime I was about to ask him why did he call me?? Before I asked, he looked at my eyes and asked me something which I never thought of in my dreams. Immediately I checked my ears and I asked  him with a doubt.

" Sir... pardon" 

He smirked at me mockingly, after that once again he said the same sentences which I heard before. It's true I don't have any hearing issues. The problem is not about not my ears, it is about what he said. Right now what I'm hearing is true not a dream, I pinched myself to check once. His question echoed in my ears again and again.

"Radhika, Will you mind marrying me??"

To be continued....

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys!!

I hope you all like this chapter if you are impressed with my work please never mind to post your comments and share your votes.

Your support is the most important thing for me to write further and entertain you. I believe you will continue to encourage me with your votes and comments.

Thank you
Stay safe
Meenakshi Jothi