Life after marriage

I gained up all my strength and entered into Arjun's room, he was not there. It was so big and lavish room in white and grey shade. There were some antique collection it looks classy may be he have some good taste. I was so tired to stand, I sat on the bed and decided to wait for him to discuss what next.

"Get out of my bed.."

Suddenly a voice came from my behind I was flinched and stood up from the bed. He was standing near the balcony door with a stern face.

I tried to explain him "Anni told me..I.. I..came... " my voice trembled in fear.

Once he again he shouted, "Stop it don't even dare to use my bed or touch my things. You are not worth of it don't forget your status. Though we got married never imagine you as my wife, you will stay here in any corner till our divorce and that's your limit get out of my sight now".

Spitting such a venom he stormed into the washroom. I was stunned at his rude behaviour and thought ,so atlast after an excellent act the devil was back.

He was kind in the morning now, suddenly what happened to him?? Was that all act??
What did he say am I not worth of it?? Then why the hell he married me??

Tears rolled from my eyes I was failed to control that. It's not at all going to be easy for me I have to live with this devil for next two years.

After sometime washroom door opened he came out with the same stone face, I was still in the same place and crying.

"Shut up I want to get some sleep sit there and weep without disturbing me,", he yelled at me. Suddenly he held my arms and threw me on the couch. I got panic and cried silently closing my mouth with my hands. I didn't remember how long I cried and when did I sleep.

Next morning I woke up after hearing someone talking, it was Arjun in phone call. Last night insult flashed in my mind. I got angry my face turned red I decided hereafter I will not cry I will give back to this devil whatever he gave me. He looked at me after disconnecting the call.
I said firmly "I want to talk with you".

He said "speak up".

I said "I need respect"

He was frowned and asked me
"It means???"

"It means from now onwards you will treat me as a human being not as a trash" I said firmly.

"What if I not agree to you??" asked Atjun casually.

I crossed my arms over my chest and said,
" It's very simple I will disclose about our agreement to your family especially to your grandmother"

He got shock and gritted his teeth,
"We made an agreement so, you will not tell about this to anyone" he shouted.

"Yes I do remember it, but after seeing your last night behaviour I decided to do what I feel right for a me " I said politely.

He questioned me "So, are you threatening me??". His eyes were in red colour it was full of hatred and anger.

I said "I want to get what I deserve I'm not your slave I'm just an employee for you who will work as your wife for only two years. I thought you will treat me like an employee if not as your wife but, pI understood you won't treat me as a human".

I looked at him disgustingly and said,
" I want to work I will not sit at home and eat your food".

He closed his eyes to control his anger his fist tightened simultaneously. I know this volcano will burst at anytime but I'm also ready to face him, this time I won't let him win.

He held my arms tightly and shouted "Radhika you are my name sake wife infront of this world so I will not let you work. You are not allowed to step out of this house from now onwards. I told you before marriage itself you are not supposed to work did you get it".

I jerked my hand from him and said, "Ok fine I will be at home but until you agree to my conditions I will not eat food even if I die".

He chuckled then shrugged his shoulders casually and said, "try your best but I will not permit you to work"

I smirked at him and went into the washroom to fresh up. He thought I'm a weak soul I can't oppose him, I obliged to his words until yester night but no more from today. He spoke about my status now he will see my status in my stubbornness.

Arjun's family arranged for some post wedding pooja at home. We both completed the pooja and rituals together,I didn't eat anything I told them I was fasting whole day I know Arjun was looking at me but I never mind. He didn't compel me to eat I knew he was thinking that I couldn't be in hunger for long time. I went to the room and slept peacefully, he was fuming in anger.

Next day Arjun took me to my home for some rituals, but the truth was he wants me to loose in challenge he thought I will eat in my own home but the tables turned I said the same excuse to my parents I told that I was fasting for Arjun's well-being they were so happy. As usual he acted as a dotting husband infront of all, everyone said I'm so lucky to have him I nodded my head and smiled sarcastically at him.We went back to his home as usual I avoided dinner by some lame excuses and went to bed.

After sometime he stormed into the room and picked me in his arms and warned me, "Listen Radhika don't make me a beast give up your hunger strike and eat something".

I said "Untill you accept my condition I will not eat anything, this is my decision".

There he lost his temper he shookedy my both the arms vigorously. I tried my best to push him but I failed infront of his muscular body, I lost my energy and felt dizzy because I didn't eat anything for the past two days I had food on my wedding after that nothing except water.

After sometime he left me carelessly and asked, " Will you eat now".

I nodded my head as no.

He gritted his teeth his eyes colour changed into red as fire I was scared to look at him but I didn't give up. Again he held my hand and pushed me on the floor violently. I got hurt at my back and at my elbows I sobbed at his tortures for me.

I shouted at him," Eventhough if you kill me I will not eat anything".
He was stunned for sometime and went out of the room by banging the door loudly.

Slowly I tried to get up but my body didn't co-operate. My two arms weighed like a stone bricks, my back also extremely painful one of my elbow was bleeding. Still I put my full effort to get up and went to the washroom, I took a shower to lower my pain. I cried miserably at my life, how he physically tortured me, I never thought he would assault me. He was a real beast how can he attack a helpless girl?? I cried over and over again. Subsequently I lost my conscious and felt down on the floor with a bleeding hand.

To be continued....
-------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys!!

I hope you all like this chapter if you are impressed with my work please never mind to post your comments and share your votes.

Your support is the most important thing for me to write further and entertain you. I believe you will continue to encourage me with your votes and comments.

Thank you
Stay safe
Meenakshi Jothi