A Known Devil

Everything happened according to my plans. At First I thought about sending Radhika back to her parents' home.

Though she left, now I can execute my plans. Carefully I left the city and went to a nearby city for the next two days without informing anyone, but I was sure the news would have reached my uncle through his spies in my place. So I switched off my mobile and was determined to turn it on only after two days. And I contacted Radhika by using my other secret number.

After two days...

I switched on my mobile immediately I received a call from my so called uncle.I picked his call,

"Hello... "I said, pretending to be sad.

"Arjun, where are you?? What happened to you??Why was your mobile was switched off ?? And it seems you didn't turn up to the office for the last two days?? Anything wrong??" He showed fake concern and shooted me with his questions.

Casually I replied, "Uncle I was upset so I thought to spend some time alone".

He asked me directly, " Is there any problem with your wife??"

With a pause I said, "Yes uncle, she dumped me" I said with a fake whimper.

He was silent for a while and asked, 

"Ok tell me where are you??

I will come there right now". 

I said " It's ok uncle I will come to your place". 

He cut me there and said "You are now unstable, so better don't drive and tell me about your whereabouts". I said him my address and hang the call

If I was an old Arjun definitely I would have fallen for this crooked man's fake care and words but not now I smirked.

Exactly after an hour that devil reached my place and he was shocked to see my unpleasant appearance. Purposely I made myself look like a lost man with shabby dress and uncombed hair with a dull face. 

I let him inside and asked him to sit. He straight away hugged me and shed some crocodile tears. I was expecting all kinds of dramas so I stood quiet all the time. Later he released me and made me sit next to him and rubbed my back and said,

"Don't worry Arjun your uncle is there for you at any time, why are you hiding?? 

You must have come to me if you had any worries". I nodded my head and twitched my lips.

Slowly he asked "Why were you so upset??What did that girl do with you?" His voice was sharp.

I didn't reply back instead, I was quite for a while to make him speak out.

He gritted his teeth and said

"I know that girl was not suitable for you and for our family. But only for your happiness I didn't stop your wedding with her. Now I can't tolerate that poor girl after she hurts you badly" he showed fake concern.

"Tell me what she did??"

"Why are you looking like you are lost??This is not the same Arjun whom I knew for years and years" said Chandrasekhar.

He pestered me to know what happened between Radhika and me.

So, I cooked up a story to make him believe that we both had a difference of opinion and compatibility issues. 

He asked me, " Between you two only is this the real problem? He wrinkled his eyes with doubts".

I understood that still he was not convinced with my lies. So with a fake tears, I told him about my infertility problem after that accident with a brief, also I said Radhika left me after knowing my bitter truth. 

I added that she felt low about me and looked at me like trash even though I showered her with my true love. I cried on my palms to make him believe me more. 

He acted like he was shocked and caressed my hair, he said "I know how difficult it is for a man to tolerate this pain of being infertile. I really pity you for married to a insensitive girl like Radhika, see after knowing your truth, her true colours you would have been seen. At Least now you realised your mistake, it was good ".

"Definitely that girl was not suitable for you and she won't love you honestly she was behind your money now she would have gone crazy after knowing your problem, that's why she left you". He said.

I bared all his words against my Radhika,I was listening to his words without a word and also didn't fail to notice his cunning smile. After a while he asked me to come with him, which I also agreed to as per my plan. We both went to his house instead of mine. I thought that it would be easy for me to collect proof against them.

In his home I pretended to be dull and lost in my world so he tried to cheer up me. He tried to provoke me against Radhika, I got a clear vision of his devilish plans. So I gave him a chance to bring out his originality.

Suddenly I acted like I was crying and he was confused by my act.

I said to him, "Sorry uncle, it was all my mistake. I believed her instead of Maya, so I'm suffering now. Maya tried to open my eyes many times but I never listened to her and chased her out of my life and our family. It's her curse I'm suffering a lot now, I will find her and bring her back to you at any cost. Trust me... I'm sorry Mama please forgive me".

He was frowned for a while, and I noticed his reaction secretly. I continued my act, and said "I never respect her love towards me, she was the only one who loved me honestly from the beginning". 

"Definitely she would have accepted me if I had told her about my health. I did a blunder by rejecting her love and marrying Radhika" I sobbed.

He rubbed his eyebrows, after a thought he patted my shoulders. He looked at me intensely and asked, " Are you ready to divorce Radhika and marry Maya??" 

To be continued...

_________________