Fingers crossed

"Uncle we both are in so much love, we would like to marry, and we need your blessings. Will you accept us???" Asked Arjun.

Oh my god!!! I was startled at his behaviour the entire room was silent even I forgot to relieve my hands from his clutches. I was thinking, what game is he going to play?? Then only I realised my father calling me by my name.

"What is this Radhi??" Asked my father angrily.

I was stumbling and I was trying to say no Appa it is not like what do you thought. Suddenly Arjun pressed my wrist and warned me with a sign.

He questioned my father "Uncle do you have any problem with me??"

My father said "It's not like that
Mr. Arjun, it doesn't mean that we don't like you, but we don't deserves this alliance. You are multi-millionaire by birth we are from middle class family, think how is this possible??".

My father looked at me and asked me, "Radhika, we are are not against love marriage, but you should choose someone simple like us not like multi millionaire Mr.Arjun Ram. From where you got this courage?? Didn't I give you virtues??" Said my father and turned his head to another side. I understood he felt bad about me now, I feel to smash this selfish Arjun. I looked at him annoyed but he didn't care about that and continued his fake story.

Arjun interrupted and said, "Uncle it was I, who proposed Radhika for marriage at first she hesitated later she fell for me but she didn't disclose thinking about you all. It was I who convinced her to continue our relationship. I know this is not right time to discuss to you all about our marriage, but I don't have an option we would like to marry within this month".

My father looked at me angrily and asked "So, Radhika you decided your wedding date as well as your groom?? So why do you want my permission now?? " almost he shouted at me with a trembling voice.

I looked angrily at that arrogant Arjun, Damnit! !You crazy fellow I want to kick you I said myself. He smitked at me and shrugged his shoulders, unfortunately none noticed him.

"No Appa it was not like that without your blessings I can't think about this marriage. I'm your little daughter I want you to accept this proposal whole-heartedly then only I will marry him", I said firmly.

Now his face darkened I was happy and I looked at him tricky. My father face looks content after hearing my words.

My mom asked Arjun "Are you sure about marrying my daughter?? Because you can marry a millionaire girl but why my daughter?".

Without a thought Arjun said louder, "Because I love her".

He made everyone stunned including me, because his eyes and voice said something beyond my expectation. What is that in his eyes?? I felt like it was a real love but there was no possibility for that because he was the one demanded for agreement marriage. He was literally confusing me. Now it was like my parents believed his love story completely.

My father asked "Arjun will your parents accept my daughter as their daughter-in-law??".

His smiled vanished completely, he closed his eyes and said "I lost my parents in an accident when I was young now I'm with my grandmother. I've an elder sister she was married and settled".

Everyone was hurt to hear about his family, my father was in guilty he said "I'm sorry Arjun I was not aware of this really sorry, please don't mistake me".

Arjun said," It's ok uncle it was my painful truth which I never forget even in my dreams so don't feel bad". I was wordless only tears rolled from my eyes. I never knew that such a painful past behind his arrogance.

My father said," Arjun if you are true in love and determined to marry each other we won't stop you both but, I need an assurance from your grandmother to accept my daughter in your family. You need to get her approval first then we will decide other things. Radhika is my little princess I'm not rich like you but I gave her all what I could, she is rich in her virtues" my father proudly proclaimed.

Arjun said "well uncle I will talk to my granny and get back to you soon. This marriage will happen I assure that, now I will take a leave it's getting late".

My parents also nodded and bid farewell to him, it was like almost they accepted him as their son in law. Instantly he called my name, I understood his sign and went behind him silently.

We distanced from my parents, its enough of my patience so I said sarcastically ,
"Sir now I understood how did you become successful businessman at this young age " and I winked at him.

His eyes glowed for few seconds only few seconds then he gave warm smile and said "Now you need to thank me Radhika I made your work easy".

Immediately I denied and said, "Because you need it earlier".

He chuckled and said "Whatever I know how to make my work done, unlike you being so dumb".

I was boiling in anger my face changed in red colour and yelled at him" I'm not dumb don't call me that. Unlike you I'm sensible about others feelings".

But he was not affected and said "As I said you before, our marriage will be in a week get ready for that. Right now don't inform anyone other than your family".

With a bit of hesitation, I asked him "But your grandmother", he cut me there and said, "I will convince and make her agree at anycost. Anyhow this marriage will happen". I was puzzled at his determination, why he was so stubborn to do this strange marriage??

Later he said " Tomorrow we will meet in our office.If anything else call me" he left the hospital. Strangely I was glad about his behaviour he was so cool with my family even though not with me. I felt he is not so bad as he portrayed, so many bitter things happened with him . Within a day everything changed in my life all because of "Arjun".

To be continued....
-------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys!!

I hope you all like this chapter if you are impressed with my work please never mind to post your comments and share your votes.

Your support is the most important thing for me to write further and entertain you. I believe you will continue to encourage me with your votes and comments.

Thank you
Stay safe
Meenakshi Jothi