Arjun's Misunderstanding

Next morning I woke up as usual and I was getting ready to go to the office. I don't know why but I felt a strange feeling of something bad going to happen. Arjun touched my shoulder all of a sudden, I was panic and kept my hands on my chest with heavy breathe and sweat.

He was shocked to see me like that, he said " I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you.
I called your name but there was no response, so I had to touch your shoulder".

I bit my lips and said "It's ok Arjun, I was thinking something you tell me now why did you call me??"

He looked at my eyes and said "Your two wheeler is ready, here the key", he gave that in my hand.

I took it with hesitation and I was expecting something from him. I want him to drop me every day, I like to spend time with him. Because of his busy hours we hardly spent time together, if he drops me daily I can spend an extra one hour with him.
Oh god! Please make him realise it.

One... two...three...I counted waiting for his call impatiently

"Radhika...." he called me.
(My mv: wow! you are great Radhika)
"If you don't mind can I drop you today?? He asked. I wanted to dance in joy but I hid it and looked at him without showing any emotions and asked calmly "Why Arjun??"

He rubbed his neck without looking at me and said, "You're not been well since yesterday night so, I thought to drop you".

I slanted my head and asked him "So, is it only for today??".

His eyes twinkled and he said, "Not only today, everyday". I looked at him for a moment.

Then I kept my keys back and said "let's go"

*****************************************

Happily I sat next to him in the back seat unlike yesterday when he moved closer to me and sat down. I blushed and looked down at my fingers, I felt his gaze on me, but did not dare to look at him.

He asked me," Are you fine??"
I nodded my head.

He said, "Today I have an important meeting so I will not be available at the office but, if you are not well or if you want anything call me, I will make it possible".

I said "Today I have an important client meeting so I'm a little nervous".

I looked at his eyes and puzzled what he was trying to convey, he smiled and pressed my hands in assurance.

After an hour's travel we reached the office with all the best. He dropped me in front of the gate, I said bye and started to move. Usually he takes another gate to get down and park his car. While walking to my place I felt someone's gaze on me. But, I ignored that and went to my place. I started to work on my presentation and almost finished it as a final check.

Later, I went to the conference room and started my presentation with some clients. To my surprise Arjun came there and he was settled there.

I wondered why he was here??
He said he had an important meeting.
Why is he here then??
How can I explain the presentation in front of him??

He gestured to me to start. I obliged to his words. I never turned to his side, I know if I face him I will be at a loss of words. When I finished my presentation everyone clapped, including him. He praised me for my hardwork and dedication, I was overwhelmed with it. Without anyone's knowledge he winked his eyes at me, I was astonished.

I became the hot topic of my office after Arjun's visit and praise. Because I'm just a mid-level employee, he is a chairman of this company so everyone were puzzled,

Why did he pay attention to me??
I was also confused. Why did he do this??
He knew I told him not to show any husband and wife relationship at the office, all these days we maintained that.

Why did he suddenly behave like that??
What happened now??
Wherever I went everyone started to gossip about me, I was irritated. So I made a call to confront him.

He picked it and said "Hello...."
I asked him straight away, "Why did you do this ????" Little I showed anger in my tone.

He replied confused, "What did I do??"

I asked, "Arjun, why did you come to see my presentation??"

"Why shouldn't I??"He replied politely.

"You know well, I'm a normal mid level employee. What if the chairman watched my presentation and reviewed it??
What will everyone think about me??
With a pause about us??
I was embarrassed"  I said.

He was silent for a while and didn't reply to anything. I was angry,
I shouted, " Hello are you there? Hello..."

"Hmmm yeah I'm here" He replied sadly.
I was quiet. I found some difference in his tone.

He said "Sorry, I didn't know that I shouldn't see my wife's hardwork and praise that. I didn't come there as a company Chairman but as a husband, your husband (he gave a pressure there). I want to support my wife when she was restless about her presentation. So I did it. I was completely unaware that you were so embarrassed to be my wife, but I'm really sorry for pushing you in such embarrassment" He hung up without waiting for my reply.

I was speechless, I never thought in this way. Did he come to comfort me??
Did he want to support me??
Damnit What did I do??

I got angry with him, without any valid reason. When I said to him that I have a presentation today he didn't say anything, looked at me and smiled.

So, it means he tried to convey he is there with me at my "thick and thins". Even Though he had important meetings he left everything for me.

God!! What did I do?? I spoilt everything just now he started to be comfortable with me. He felt that I'm ashamed about being his wife but that was not true, I genuinely love him, I feel so proud to be his wife.

How will I make him understand??
Now, again he will be back to his hut.

(My MV: what's wrong with you Radhika after all he is your husband, what is your problem if others come to know about this?? Why are you hiding your relationship with him, you are in love with him, don't do this it hurts him. I was at guilt and apologetic)

I made a call to him immediately, I want to say sorry and make everything perfect straight away. I can't see him in pain or bear his anger.

He didn't pick my calls so I tried to call his office number.

No... No... it's not right I disconnected. I want to convey it personally. So I controlled myself and planned to say it tonight in our room along with that I planned to make a surprise dinner for him. I felt it was one of the ways to convey my apology.

I went home earlier to him,I started to cook his favourite foods: chapati, paneer butter masala and veg pulao with potato chips. I waited for his profusely it was half past nine he didn't return yet. I called him but he didn't attend there was no reply for my messages. I became restless what will I do if he failed to return home.

Around eleven' o'clock he returned. I felt relaxed to see him. I asked him the reason he gave some lame excuses I know he was disappointed at me. When I asked him to have dinner, at first he denied then he agreed knowing that, I didn't eat anything.

He was surprised to see the menu, he didn't say anything. I was worried about how to convince him we both ate together. I tried to start a normal conversation but he didn't pay attention to me. I was hurt.

Without a word he went to bed and slept immediately, hiding my tears. I tried to get some sleep.I decided to fix everything fine between us tomorrow morning.

When I got up from bed I went in search of him but he informed the servant and left early in the morning, also he arranged a separate car for me to drop me at the office . I was about to cry but hid it from others and went to my room. He was hurt so badly with my one silly mistake,
Why can't he let me talk??
Can't he forgive me??

I cried miserably. After some time I freshened up and went to the office with a plastic smile. I fixed in my mind to talk about this with him at any cost. I can't prolong this cold war with him, it hurts us both.

To be continued...

_________________