Reception

On the reception evening I was getting ready in my room, I always prefer simple make up but this time...
My sister in-law fixed some beautician for my looks she is such a sweet person unlike her arrogant devil brother. From the day one whenever we met she always ensure my comfortability, the only person in Arjun's family who gelled with me. Arjun went to venue to take care of the arrangements he also booked some rooms for family members in the same hotel.

After an hour work, I felt it was worth of time & money, I looked so gorgeous and royal in my lehenga. She left my hair to fall free with curls, with a decent make up and matching jewels. My SIL was mesmerized and complimented at my look, I was completely shy. I came to the lobby with her to reach the venue surprisingly, I saw Arjun who was nearing us.

There was a sudden change in him, his walk slow down and looked me at awe, I got shy and looked down. My SIL started to tease him she too got him red handed when he was watching me at awe. I was not dare to look at him but I sensed his gaze were on me. He held my hands with his and gestured to walk. With a simple nod I followed him when we reached the party hall entrance I was anxious to face the crowd I know today everyone will watch us and throw different comments. After all they were all from his business circles and some were friends. I was worried what if they talk ill about my family and my status, what if they say if I'm not suitable for Arjun? My palm turned into chill I was shivering instantly. Suddenly Arjun left my hand and he embraced me in his arms.

I was surprised at his gesture but I felt safe and comfortable in his embrace, slightly I turned my head to look at him he was smiling at all. He turned to my side and looked at me, he whispered in my ears, "Don't worry everything will be fine I'm here with you I will take care everything", by saying this he pressed my shoulder in assurance. I was glad that he understood me without any conversations I gave a warm smile to reassure him, he looked at me differently. He treated me like a princess even though it was fake I felt happy without any reason.

His friends and family started to come one after other but almost everyone's gaze were on me some of the looks were pleasant, some were jealous, some with a doubt. I ignored them and tried to wear a plastic smile on my face throughout the party I never want to face Arjun's wrath. I know this party is very important to him so, I was very careful also I can't let him touch me again. Thinking about the recent intimacy between us my cheeks turned into cherries, it took some time to compose myself. But surprisingly most of the guests were all complimented us a lovely couple and made for each-other. To my surprise his granny gifted me a diamond necklace she caressed my cheeks. I was speechless and bend down to take her blessings, with a smile she said long live my dear, I had a happy tears finally she accepted me. Arjun was watching everything with a content his lips curved a little.

When I simply wandered my eyes around the hall I noticed a pair of eyes on me, it was a pretty young girl in her early twenties. But what was in her eyes? I was little confused I know definitely she was not happy. Her smile was sly she was nearing the stage with her baby steps but throughout the time her eyes were on me, only on me with some grudge. Arjun was introducing the guests to me but I was not interested and faked a plastic smile. Next one was that girl with a women she came near us and suddenly hugged Arjun, I was taken back. I starred at them she didn't move away Arjun untangled her embarrassingly. She shed some tears and grumbled why Arjun mama?? why did you do this?? Arjun yelled by gritting his teeth ssshh... Maya behave yourself everyone are watching us. He turned towards that women and said sorry Athai (Aunty) please take her away. Both of them looked at me non chalantly and left the place.

I was annoyed completely some of the guests were looking at me pathetically. I fumed in anger who was that girl? Why did she behave like this in-front of all the guests?? Are they both are lovers?? Dammit!! Now I have to convince my family about this girl they watched everything happened here. Oh god!!! Who the hell is she?? I need the answers so, I thought to ask him I turned to his side but he was already in anger his face was boiling in red. Now this devil will not listen to me or, right away answer to any of my questions.

Someone patted on my shoulders it was none other than my sweet SIL, "Radhika relax I know what are you going through she is my cousin she was emotional and very much attached to Arjun so please ignore her deed. Everyone is looking at you so please make up smile and be normal". I don't want to hurt her so I instantly followed her orders. After sometimes I excused myself and went to the washroom  I never knew someone was following me all the way there.

I was tired and disturbed by that girl so I need sometime alone to compose myself that's why I went to washroom with some lame excuses. Someone pushed the door violently and walked ferociously, it was the same girl Maya. Straight away she strangled my neck I got bang on the wall with this unexpected attack. I tried to push her back but she was stubborn even-though she was slim girl but her actions contradicted. She behaved like a mad girl she banged my head again and again on the wall fiercely I was breathing heavy. I understood she wants to kill me ,no I don't want to loose I tried to escape from her clutches but it was tightened, I cant wait more now, with my full strength I gave a punch on her abdomen and kicked her she moved back in pain.

But she didn't give up she gritted her teeth and shouted "you bitch" she tried to strangle me again, this time I was conscious so, I slapped her face on either sides and pushed her on the floor. I didn't wait for her and walked out immediately and went to the stage. Everyone started to search me there including Arjun, he was annoyed and questioned me where I was ?? I threw a angry look at him and tilted my head towards washroom direction. I whispered "Maya" she was still near the door like an insane, promptly his body got stiff and he closed his fists in anger. 

After sometime he held my fingers looked at my face and asked me," Radhika what happened?? Please tell me?? Are you okay??" I held his hand more tightly and nodded my head as an assurance (I was shaken at that attack).He left my hand and pulled me closer to him by holding my waist, I felt better. In the meantime I failed to notice he sighed someone to take that Maya away.

As soon as possible he bid bye to all the guest, my family and packed up the party. I was suffered with bad headache after a severe bang on the wall so, I slept in the car while going back to his house. All these time I was in Arjun's arms I forgot to release from his clutches, since I was in trauma I felt I need his support. He shook my shoulders once we reached home he took me inside carefully and made me to sit on the bed. After few seconds he returned with the first aid box and started to apply medicines on my neck only then I realised a pain on my neck. I touched my neck and whimpered in pain when I looked at the mirror it was horrible to see nail scratches on my neck with blood stain it was all caused by Maya. That scene flashed in my mind why the hell she wants to kill me?? What did I do to her?? I was panic and started to shiver, my lips trembled tears rolled from my eyes.

"Ssshh... Radhika don't cry I'm here nothing happened " Arjun consoled me. Without a second thought I hugged him and sobbed, with a little hesitation he hugged me back. Gently he rubbed his one palm on my hair  and another on my back. Slowly my sob turned into weep, I understood the situation and broke the hug. He made me sit to drink some water and asked me to refresh by walking away.

After few minutes he took bath and looked fresh in his night dress but still I was a mess. I went to closet to remove my make up and change my dress. I removed all the jewels, wiped the make up and started to undrape my dupatta but after a while it was difficult for me it was pinned below my shoulders however I tried unable to reach that may be I was dog-tired mentally as well as physically after today's attack. Few more minutes passed I felt light headed and was about to fall someone hold me in his arms. I tried to open my eyes and I whispered "Arjun" again I closed my eyes.

To be continued...

_________________

Hey guys thanks for your support.I will be really happy if I get comments and votes from the silent readers.As an author it means a lot it encourages me to write further, so please try to post your comments and vote. Thank you.