My Mystery Man

When I was working, all of a sudden my mobile rang, I was puzzled to get a call from granny. I asked myself, why is she making a call now?
Did she know the rift between us?
I picked her call...

"Hello grandma, alright??" I asked.

"Hello Radhika..... I want to meet you now. Can you come out of our office for an hour??" Asked grandma.

"Grandma, is everything alright?? Anything important?? Shall we talk at home in the evening?" I asked her.

"No dear, I want to meet you now, it's very important, please come "said Grandma.

" Ok Grandma. Please wait for sometime "
I tried to avoid her but she insisted so, without choice I took permission from my higher official and went out. As she said she picked me up in her car and we both reached a nearby cafe shop.

While walking out from the office, I accidentally met Arjun. I didn't look at him for a long time, it was only a few seconds then I turned my eyes from him. But in those few seconds I noticed something, my eyes widened in shock and there was some change in him but I was not able to figure out what was that. I ignored him and straight away went out of the building.

I was worried and guilty about meeting granny, but she was waiting for me with a smile. I can't hurt her so I waited for her to open the box. I know she wants to tell me something really important. She made me sit next to her and caressed my face. I was in my thoughts so what is the matter now.

She cleared her throat and said Radhika,
" I will be leaving to the US to stay with Sarika(my SIL), you know right now she is pregnant with her second baby, so I want to be with her". I nodded my head.

With a pause she continued, " I will come only after delivery. You and Arjun have to take care of our family ".

I understood her unsaid words that she purposely made Arjun return home with this excuse. Instantly tears rolled from my eyes I tried to control but she wiped it away and said,
"I know you both have some issues, you are in so much pain without him so, this is the right time to sort out your problems" I was silent.

She said,"He is also in head-bound love with you Radhika..." I smiled sarcastically.

She pressed my hands and said," Believe me he is in love with you, I promise when I come back everything will be fine between you. He is not exactly like what you see. I know he didn't contact you in the last two months but you tried to hide your pain and acted normal in front of me. Am I right dear ??" She asked me with a smile. I was surprised at her confessions, she noticed all my acts.

But she continued," Did you know one-thing every day? He made a call to me and enquired about you, he is more concerned about you. He is also not happy without you". I was stunned.

"Did you notice the changes in him??". I looked blank.

"He lost weight, he has dark circles around eyes , there is no grace in his face. He is also in so much pain" said Grandma.

"But why is he running away from you??
I'm not able to find out , but I'm sure he is hiding something and punishing himself for that so better try to understand him.
He is a successful businessman but, he is an introvert in his personal life. He has never been in a romantic relationship with any girl except you. That's why I was shocked when he confessed his marriage with you".

My eyes popped out. I couldn't believe what she said afterall she is his granny so she may lie to convince me about him. But her eyes speak the truth. I was confused about her.

She understood me and patted on my shoulder and continued to say,
" He never disclosed his feelings to anyone after his mothers demise. So it will be difficult for him to open up but, as a wife it's your right to know his secret and assure him you will be with him forever"