The Bitter Truth

Arjun’s POV

I was shocked to know about Radhika's pregnancy, it doesn't mean that I suspect her, I knew she can't do anything wrong. But I was completely out of my mind. How was it possible?? How is it possible??

It was like a nightmare, I remembered it very clearly, what that doctor said three years ago. He convinced me that there was no possibility for me to become a father.

But now my wife is pregnant, does it mean any miracle happened to me?? Did my health improve?? Right now I want answers.

Suddenly I noticed Radhika who looked at me very anxious, her trembling words with a shivering voice and tears brought my sense back, she was in a panic state thinking about my reaction to this pregnancy.

Oh!! God!!! What did I do??
It was quite natural for any girl to expect emotional support from her partner, but I didn't react to her pregnancy though she was hurt. Immediately I hugged her and consoled her. Of course I'm super happy to hear that she was pregnant but my situation pushed me to be unable to express my happiness. But still it was not our mistakes, it was our helplessness.

Unfortunately, I did hurt Radhika, but without my knowledge she was still sobbing in my arms. I completely forgot how uneasy for her to inform me about this pregnancy, also I was hurt when she panicked and couldn't trust me. Slowly her sobbing turned into weeping. I was waiting for her to relax, as I was not sure how to console her I left it on her own.

Later, when she stopped crying and came up with an idea to wipe away my doubts, I was quite content that she understood my emotions, without an exchange of words.Without a delay we went to one of the famous hospitals of a city to check up on myself.

After normal procedures I gave my tests and returned home. I was waiting impatiently to collect my reports by the next day. But I was also keen to take care of my wife, I know she was more worried also, she was suffering with sickness due to pregnancy. I felt glad inward seeing her pregnant with my child.

Next morning we went together to the same hospital to collect my reports. The doctor made it very clear that I'm perfectly alright to become a father.

Even he was a bit confused after seeing my previous reports. He felt something fishy behind my reports and advised me to check with the previous doctor who treated me.

So we both were rushing to the hospital straight away, still I was not at peace. I want to know what happened with my reports three years ago. So it means I was a healthy man all this time, someone tricked me to believe I was infertile, I clenched my fist angrily.

We parked my car and went in to check the doctor's appointment, suddenly I was in dead shock to see the same doctor with a person who seems to be more familiar. I believed my own eyes never lie, still I wanted to ask Radhika to check what I had seen just now but she was also in the same shock by closing her mouth with her palm.

It was a person in disguise still we could find out it was none other than Maya, yes the same mad girl who framed my innocent wife. She changed her hair style with loads of heavy make up, her eyes look different, maybe with the help of a lens, I closed my fist and I was about to punish that insane, but I was stopped and dragged to the room at the lobby to be hidden from their eyesight. I turned my head and saw Radhika holding my arms firmly, I was a little angry at her for her act.

I flinched my arms from her hold and asked "Why are you trying to stop me?? You said if you can't punish her then I can do it, right??"

She was taken back at my sudden outburst her body shivered instantly I was at guilt, I closed my eyes and open to compose my temper then I held her face in my arms and

I said, "Listen Radhika I can't leave that psychopath to spoil our lives, I know she is my uncle's daughter but even he won't leave her now, so its better let me punish her for her deeds"

She looked at me strangely and said who tried to stop you Arjun "Just have a clear look of who was standing next to her, it was not only that doctor " she smiled sarcastically.

I looked in a way they were  dumbfounded to see my uncle Chandrasekar with them, he was smiling wider in that group, with her devil daughter and the doctor. I was stunned and couldn't believe my own eyes. He was the one who always said to me that he would punish Maya once he found her, but the scene I saw with my own eyes shattered me.

Radhika caressed my shoulders and said "Arjun please don't feel bad, I know it's painful to be betrayed by our loved ones and you have to accept this bitter truth, be happy at least you knew their real face by now ".

I hugged her tightly and cried on her shoulders. I tried to explain to her that my uncle can't cheat me. With a pathetic look she pulled my mobile and asked me to call my uncle to know his whereabouts. I was astonished at her act , but soon I understood what she meant. So picked up my mobile and dialled his number. I watched him from the room we were hiding in.

He got my call but I could sense a knot between his brows. I frowned, he alerted the other two to remain silent. Also he didn't pick my call once he got it, only after some rings he picked it.

I asked him" Hello uncle, where are you?? We need to discuss something important?? Can we meet right now??" I hid my emotions. I noticed he started to sweat a lot.

With anxiety he replied" No Arjun right now I'm moving out of the city for some official work, so we will meet tomorrow or later". He said and hung up without waiting for my reply.

I was stunned at his act, soon I recovered from this shock and gritted my teeth for fooling me over years and years.

Then Radhika consoled me, now I was calm enough to make my move against those betrayers. Literally I want to know what kind of drama they played in my life. So I decided to play along with them.

To be continued...

_________________