Farewell Trip

Arjun's POV

Next day as we all planned we started our trip in my car. We loaded our necessary stuff and food for next two days, we planned to spend our night at Toronto islands beach resorts.

On the way everyone were busy in talking and enjoying the travel, except two souls. One was Ria, next one was obvious it's me, it was the very first time she didn't greet me in the morning. When I greeted she replied in anticipation, but not even she looked in my eyes as usual, I was hurt and embarrassed.

I saw a tension in her eyes, I never want my friend to be like that but I didn't get a chance to talk with her personally. I planned in my mind to talk with her once we park the car somewhere. Nikhil noticed the difference between us ofcourse always Vansh and Mamta dreams in their own world.

Nikhil asked me, " Is there any problem between you both?? Did you guys fight??"

I never want to disclose our personals to others eventhough my best friend, so I said "Nothing it's just a simple fight we will talk and sort it out soon"
He saw suspicious but, didn't urge me further.

Soon after we reached a restaurant, I took it as a chance to talk with her. But she was ahead of me, in everyonce absence she proposed an idea of dating next two days. I was shocked little as well as irritated and questioned her ,
"Already we were good friends for so many years, we know eachother well, now what is there new to know more about you??"

She shrugged her shoulders and said, "Casually if we can make a wonderful friendship, why not a we make a lifetime relationship??"

I was screwed up, I never felt such feel with her and I thought it would be difficult for me to make her understand the truth.

I said calmly, " Being in friendship is different from being in relationship, we both are completely different people it won't work out between us"

She continued "Already we know eachother well, let us take this time to know more of eachother in personal, till this time you saw me a carefree girl. I'm sure so you are confused about being in relationship with me, but if you give me a chance you will feel my love definitely. Arjun give me a chance", I looked on helpless.

She continued to say," Even after dating for two days, if you still find it won't work out between us, I will give up. I'm sure I will accept your decision but, if you are convinced with my love, let's take a next step, what do you say??"

I decided to use this chance to make her understand really we are not made for eachother. So I agreed to be in date, she was super happy, but we didn't discuss this with our other friends.

After a long travel we reached a beach resort and we arranged for a campfire, we had so much fun like dancing, playing some games or teasing one another. All the time Ria sat next to me holding my arms firmly, it was not the first time but now it was different, I was embarrassed when others looked at us suspiciously.

After sometime I got a call from my maternal uncle Chandru, I moved aside and we were discussing about my return plan of taking incharge of my companies.

During that time Ria interrupted and pulled my arms she said,

" What are you doing here?? leaving your girlfriend alone. How long will you talk in call?? Don't forget that we are dating officially now".

I was pissed with her act and yelled,

"Stop it Ria, don't behave like a kid I have to talk with my family about my return, so please excuse me".

She showed puppy face and left the place, I was at guilt. Eventhough I tried my best to not to get angry her, sometimes her immature behaviour provoked me.

Next day trip went well as per our plan, she never gave me a chance to roam alone, little I was worried how will she react if I say I'm not in love with her. We all left to our respective apartments that night, next day I planned to meet Ria alone and confess her the whole truth. With her thoughts I went to the bed and soon asleep.

Morning I was awake with her call , I was surprised because these last two days her behaviour towards me totally changed she never resembled my old bestie Ria, she became a new lover girl now. I picked the call we had normal conversation after that I asked her to meet me at nearby restaurant for lunch, she agreed happily.

Sharply by half past twelve I reached the venue to my surprise she was there before me. Instantly she waved her hand looking at me, I anticipated with a smile.
I remember everytime she was a late comer in school and sometimes even now but today she was waiting for me.

Today she looked different, is it my bestie Ria??  Wait... Wait....  What was it??

Oh my God!! She was wearing a traditional dress and extremely opposite to her normal Tom boy look. I know what made her come so early, and to change her dressings. I felt bad to confess the truth and to hurt her seeing her glowing in happiness.

How can I crush that??
But, I was helpless. First time I had a strange thought, why I never felt such love feel with her??
Then how did she fell for me?

She started to chat something but, nothing went in my mind, I was simply nodding my head and was waiting for a right time to start a conversation.

Soon she stopped in between she asked me puzzled
"Are you lost in thoughts?? Did you listen to my words or not??".

I stammered, but I used that opportunity and said to her,

" Ria, Let's be friends forever, I can't take this friendship more than that"

She was frozen even forgot to blink her eyes, I was hurt to see her in that state. Tears flew from her eyes uncontrollably, I was at guilt.

She composed herself and asked me,
" Didn't you feel my love atleast once ?"

I was speechless and nodded my head as no, she immediately walked out from there. I pulled her hands to stop her but it went in vein.

She said, " I want to be alone for sometime please leave me". Her eyes shows a pain, her voice was broken.

I left her hand and let her go, I stood there as a statue. What can I do?? nothing was in my hands. I said myself, let me give her sometime I will talk to her later.

A sudden commotion happened near the restaurant entrance , I was shocked to find Ria in a blood pool. Before I act to save her, a sudden hit I fell down unconsciously.

To Be Continued...

***********************************

Hey Guys!!!

I hope you all will like this story and If you are impressed with this chapter, don't mind to post your comments and share your votes.
Your support is the most important thing for me to write further. I believe you will keep supporting me.

Thank you
Meenakshi Jothi